[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>"How shoddy and contemptible life is, note that for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: Fernando-Pessoa.jpg (156 KB, 919x959) Image search: [Google]
Fernando-Pessoa.jpg
156 KB, 919x959
>"How shoddy and contemptible life is, note that for it to be shoddy and contemptible, all it takes is you not wanting it (it being given to you anyway), and nothing about it depending on your will, or even on your illusion of your will. To die is to become completely utter, that's why suicide is a cowardice. It's to surrender ourselves completely to life."

What did he mean by this?
>>
hue
>>
File: 1448428881223.jpg (137 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1448428881223.jpg
137 KB, 500x500
Same thing Camus meant when talking about suicide.

>life sucks but i'll not suicide i'll suffer it all to the end instead because it sucks so much it's not even worth rejecting kek
>>
>>7451209
But Camus is shit.
>>
>>7451247
How many classics did you write bitch?
>>
>>7451252
Four, family member.
>>
>>7451257
You suck so much you're not even worth ignoring, so here I am replying.
>>
>>7449966
Is this some sort of anti nihilism? Really shitty writing apart from that.
>>
It's very silly rhetoric. Killing yourself takes a lot of courage. I don't know if I could ever build up the will to do it, even though I want to.
>>
>>7451877
kek!
>>7452023
Have you never read Book of Disquiet? never read Pessoa's poems? this is a translation, the original is better, you'll have to take my word for it. OP made a typo: "to die is to become completely OTHER." i don't know about anti-nihilism but anyway I disagree with people who say "suicide is cowardice." It's a rational action, especially under depression
>>
>>7452609
I have not. The style of this prose passage reminds me of Coelho, especially with usage of "other". Mainly because it can be anything.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.