[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey guys so I'm doing a presentation on existentialism,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: 1459735855803.jpg (187 KB, 377x585) Image search: [Google]
1459735855803.jpg
187 KB, 377x585
Hey guys so I'm doing a presentation on existentialism, absurdism, and postmodernism and its i influence on popular media. And I hope we could have a good discussion about it?
>>
>>7895010
>g
>o
>o
>d
>d
>i
>s
>c
>u
>s
>s
>i
>o
>n
>/
>l
>i
>t

pick one
>>
>>7895010
sounds a little broad op
>>
File: seinfeld-cast.jpg (39 KB, 588x285) Image search: [Google]
seinfeld-cast.jpg
39 KB, 588x285
Seinfeld is pretty postmodern desu.
>>
Did you know The Cure wrote a song about The Stranger??????????
>>
>>7895010
Yea ok so fo real.

So I went to the store yesterday and saw Ayn Rand there pushing her cunt on the tomatoes. Disgusted by her behaviour I turned around and walked towards the nearest employee and told her Ayn fucking Rand was pushing her dirty loose cunt on the tomatoes. The employee then walked with me to Rand and gold her if she could stop doing whatever she was doing. You know what Rands reaction was?

She jumped 3 miles into the air, through the roof and when she fell down pushed the employee inside her cunt and walked out of the store. What the fuck man.

Then Rand proceeded to walk out of the door without paying for her groceries. I can still hear those muffled screams of the poor employee stuck in Rands disgusting cunt.

I had learned two new things that day...

Anyway I thought The Fountain was pretty good but Atlas Shrugged was lacking substance.
>>
>>7895056

how? i find it a bit difficult to grasp post-modernism because i haven't read much post-modernist work. (i have a feeble understanding of it however in terms of architecture: as to how post-modernism arose in response to modernist architecture)

how is seinfeld postmodern?
>>
>>7895047
This. Maybe limit it to existentialism and absurdism, or just post-modernism?
>>
>>7895633

Compare Seinfeld to sitcoms 10+ years before it and you should get it.

As for OP, that's enough material for a two semester college course and more. If you're going to do a presentation (I'm assuming 1-2h) then pick a specific work in one of those traditions (eg., Sartre, Camus, Pynchon for each respectively) and base it on that, preferably with a rather specific question in mind (eg., choice in Nausea, ethics in Stranger, paranoia in 49 or smth).

Oh right, popular media. Well, just pick some big films with obvious overtones of one or more of those (Blade Runner, Apocalypse Now, superhero movies often express (vapid) existential crises) and analyse that. Try to have several examples but focus your presentation on 2-3 at most.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.