[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /lit/ think about collections of letters? Are there
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 8
File: letters.jpg (92 KB, 429x648) Image search: [Google]
letters.jpg
92 KB, 429x648
What does /lit/ think about collections of letters?
Are there essential collections? Do you have a favorite collection?
>>
DFW's emails are essential
>>
File: 1.-Liz-lemon-Oh-No.gif (767 KB, 500x263) Image search: [Google]
1.-Liz-lemon-Oh-No.gif
767 KB, 500x263
>yfw you realize that future historians will be combing through and publishing collections of your e-mails and texts...
>>
>>7448588
As long as they can't find my /pol/ posts...
>>
Kafka's collection and journal is very interesting.
>>
File: horse sex.png (362 KB, 481x500) Image search: [Google]
horse sex.png
362 KB, 481x500
>>7448593
Historians and anthropologists will certainly realize that we just use the word 'nigger' in a colloquial sense, right?

That it's just part of the communal discourse, right?

Right?
>>
>>7448544
The correspondence between Flaubert and George Sand is amazing. Uh, Hart Crane's, Nabokov's to Vera, and Wallace Stevens' are all very good as well of the top of my head.
>>
File: jacklesmis.gif (781 KB, 500x220) Image search: [Google]
jacklesmis.gif
781 KB, 500x220
>>7448593
>>7448616

>yfw you realize your genius and legacy as a great artist of our age will slowly be destroyed and your family will be shamed for generations after your emails and texts and internet posts are discovered and published by future historians...
>>
K E R O U A C
E
R
O
U
A
C
>>
>yfw you realize that your name and picture will become synonymous with the fall of greatness and the mere mention of your name or sight of your picture will be used as an insult, something to be laughed at and mocked, when warning your fellow man's children's children's children about what not to do and who not to be, after future historians have poured over your personal emails and texts and internet posts. Your once great artistic achievement becomes nothing more than a joke and your legacy is used as nothing more than to disparage, discredit, libel, slander, malign, defame, and denigrate.
>>
>>7448668
i don't know this feel
>>
>>7448668
It's fucked mate
>>
File: mytonguelickingravenously.jpg (130 KB, 490x350) Image search: [Google]
mytonguelickingravenously.jpg
130 KB, 490x350
J O Y C E
O
Y
C
E
>>
>>7448740
oh those bubbling farts.
>>
>>7448740
Joyce's letters actually make me long to read erotica written by him. He makes farts and shitting sound a lot hotter than I ever thought they could.
>>
>>7448776
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRdGR5JzQJ0
>>
File: mmhmgood.gif (338 KB, 200x147) Image search: [Google]
mmhmgood.gif
338 KB, 200x147
>>7448588
>>7448616
>>7448593
>>7448634
Delete em often!
>>
File: Bill_Murray_Caddyshack2.gif (999 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
Bill_Murray_Caddyshack2.gif
999 KB, 500x281
>>7448811

huehuehuehuehue...he thinks he can delete them...
>>
>>7448811
would have preferred something more smug to hate but that's a pretty fine gif
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.