[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Flannery O'Connor O'Connor
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: Flan Oconnor.jpg (20 KB, 400x270) Image search: [Google]
Flan Oconnor.jpg
20 KB, 400x270
>Flannery O'Connor actively goaded a friend, deeply committed to the civil rights movement, with racist jokes.

>Not only did O'Connor know hundreds of racist jokes, she apparently relished them, saving them up and spinning them out in a series of letters that have never been published.

Where do I start with this woman and how do I find her fun "letters" ?
>>
what was her problem exactly?
>>
ARE YOU FUCKERS DOING A FLANNERY THREAD?

HOLY FUCKING SHIT IT'S A FLANNERY THREAD MOTHERFUCKERS!

yo but really can someone edit OP's pic like the "triggered" girl but instead write niggers.
>>
Start with "Everything That Rises Must Converge."
>>
>>7448314
unironically literally /b/ the /pol/ the thread. gb2
>>
>>7448545

> a recent college graduate and self-styled intellectual who lives with his mother

top cukc

>The mother, whose worldview reflects the institutional racism of the mid-twentieth century American south, wishes to attend an exercise session at nearby community center, but is wary of riding the bus by herself in light of the recent racial integration of the city's public transportation system.

intradesting.

>"Everything That Rises Must Converge"

The title sounds cool too, sounds philosophical to be honest baka imo
>>
Just read some O'Connor for the first time, "A Good Man is Hard to Find" and "The Artificial Nigger." Damn but she doesn't pull her punches.
>>
>>7449153

how were they?
>>
>>7448314
I can either read her (Wise Blood/The Violent Bear it Away) or Mishima (The Sailor [...]), and I've just finished reading Stoner. Wat do?
>>
>>7449153

Make sure you read Temple of the Holy Ghost and A Circle in the Fire.
>>
>>7449223

read Wise Blood
>>
>>7449338
Thanks, senpai.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.