[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>/lit/ being down shows the true meaninglessness of your life
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: marilyn.jpg (298 KB, 1008x623) Image search: [Google]
marilyn.jpg
298 KB, 1008x623
>/lit/ being down shows the true meaninglessness of your life
I want off this wild ride
>>
Study harder.
>>
No 1 cares.
>>
this reminds me I have done literally nothing today besides browsing 4chan
>>
>>7446764
Smitty Werbenjagermanjensen cares? :3
>>
>>7446742
It's not like the whole internet was down.

I spend some time tagging my library and shopped around for Christmas gifts.
>>
>>7446771
No.
>>
>>7446776
Found the redditor
>>
>>7446742
Honestly, I don't know what I'd do on the Internet without 4chan. There isn't really any other website I frequent, other than youtube.
>>
>>7446780
What do either of those have to do with reddit? Tagging my library means I was adding information tags so the front end is useful.
>>
>>7446780
Found the redditor
>>
>>7446779
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RS7mk-UtdjQ
>>
>>7446785
Aren't you interested in reading and learning? There are a ton of other websites to use for those purposes.
>>
>>7446742
gosh she's so cute
>>
one day this hellhole will be down for good
>>
>>7446742
>tfw didn't realise anything was down

Makes me feel good about myself. Actually when my PC was fucked a while back I found myself being an ordnung machine, everything was clean and orderly and all my affairs and possessions were in order within days.

I'm thinking of integrating some form of media fasting within my life where I keep away from television and internet for part of the week, I get much more done.
>>
>>7446805
Can you name some examples?
>>
>>7446856
Sure thing, anon, though we've had threads for that many times before.

Asymptote, Entropy, The Complete Review, LitHub, the Three Percent Blog, The Quarterly Conversation, Open Letters Monthly and Bookslut are some of my favorites for blogs and reviews. Academia.edu often has academics posting their research and Project Gutenberg, if you somehow don't know it, has out of copyright works on it.

For general learning, you can learn almost anything. I use Chesscademy to practice my chess, Khan Academy for practicing math, Memrise for learning writing systems.

There are a number of podcasts that are worth listening to (just search "podcast" in the archive, and there may still be one thread up right now), as well as online lecture series. Open Culture is always posting new things, but a steady resource is iTunes University and The Teaching Company (of which you'll have to pirate).

And if you're in university and have access to journals, you've got even more you could spend your time on. Project Muse has full books and dissertations are available on ProQuest Dissertations.
>>
>>7446856
http://plato.stanford.edu/
>>
>>7446900
>>7446911
Thanks a lot anon, really. I'll start digging through these.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.