[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Okay you probably aren’t going to believe this but I swear
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
File: *****2.jpg (129 KB, 960x717) Image search: [Google]
*****2.jpg
129 KB, 960x717
Okay you probably aren’t going to believe this but I swear on my mother’s grave that this is a true story.

It all started last fall, around Halloween. I was with my friend and we were on a road trip to Portland Oregon because that is where we grew up. We were having a lot of fun lip-synching to Judas Priest and other great bands as we drove, and at the gas stations we would always pull pranks on people. It was just silly stuff, we were having a lot of fun. We were driving up from San Francisco because that is where we live. The drive from San Francisco to Portland is about twenty hours so we stopped at a hotel overnight. It was a really nice place, we only got it because my friend, who’s name is Foster, has an app on his phone called BookMe or something like that that lets you book hotels on really short notice. He said his Dad showed him the app the month before his Dad died. But yeah the hotel was great! The towels were all really clean and the floor was clean and everyone who worked there was really nice and wore white clothes. Little did we know what our journey had in store for us.
The next morning we had brunch at the all-you-can-eat buffet. It was really good! But as I was in line to get pancakes, an old gypsy woman grabbed me and looked deep into my eyes. “You! Who are you!” I told her my name. “Have you been having bad luck?” I said no “Believe me, you will! I can sense it!”. I don’t believe in that crazy gyspy stuff so I went back to our table to enjoy my pancakes with my friend Foster. We both ate our pancakes and talked about the crazy old gypsy women.
>>
The next morning we hit the road again, eager to get to Portland, Oregon! The day before we drove for 12 hours so today we just had to drove 8 hours. It was fun, we bought some old Weird “Al” Yankovich CD’s. Our favorite! We listened to them in the car and laughed the whole way there. When we crossed the state line into Oregon, we knew our journey was almost over. When we got to Portland, we pulled into a gas station parking lot where we read a map and decided where we should go. I went into the FoodMart and bought Red Vines and a Judas Priest live album I hadn’t heard before so we could rock out in the car. As we were sitting in the car, my friend Foster said “remeber that old haunted house that we used to live by that all the kids said it was haunted?” I said yes “well haven’t you ever wondered what is inside of that place?” I was hesitant but I said yes “I think we should spend the night there, just to prove that we can do it. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity!” I said “no way!”, but he convinced me.

We drove to the haunted house, I was so nervous the whole way there I forgot to even listen to the Judas Priest live album I bought or eat the Red Vines I got. When we got to the haunted house I remembered how scary it was to us when we were kids. But you know what? It wasn’t so bad now that I was an adult. Just dirty with broken things on the lawn. We hopped the fence with our sleeping bags and luggage bags over our backs. We walked to the front door and then I rung the doorbell and knocked the door. “What are you doing?” said Foster “There’s no one home we can just walk right in!” We opened the door. It was unlocked. Inside it was pretty dark, and any light that did shine through the window made big beams of light because there was so much dust in the air. We walked around in the house for a little bit to get familiar with it. There were a lot of rooms, most of them completely empty. Except for some chairs but they weren’t interesting. We got tired and decided to get some sleep.
>>
That night we put our sleeping bags in the bedroom and layed down. We turned off our lantern. We were just falling asleep when I jolted upright. I heard footsteps upstairs, really soft footsteps. We walked up stairs with the lantern. We were both pretty fucking worried, I don’t we had really anticipated how creepy the house could be at night. The shadows were messing with my eyes, I kept swearing that I saw monsters. When we made it to the top of the stairs we stopped to listen for sounds. We heard something that almost sounded like…… muffled singing? We walked to a room. There was a faint glow coming out from under the door. I looked at Foster worriedly. We slowly opened the door. We stepped inside. Inside it was dark so I turned on the lantern. There was a little girl in a pretty blue dress. I took a knee. “Hello, little girl. Why are you here? Do you need help?” she looked at me with big eyes “follow me….” We followed her to a door outside. We stepped out into the back yard. As we walked me and Foster exchanged worried looks. She took us to a little shed with an eerie glow coming out from under the door.
>>
Either post this in /x/ like it's real or post it in a critique thread for feedback.
>>
We slowly opened the door. It was dark so I found a lightswitch and flipped it. Me and Foster screamed at what we saw and tried to run out but the door swung shut and wouldn’t budge. The shed was filled with dead mutilated bodies, their blood and intestines strewn out across the walls and floor, their eyes gouged out, and their heads caved in. Rotting carcasses of children and adults hung from the ceiling on butcher hooks, dripping blood out all over us. Dead dogs lined the walls, some of them still alive, whimpering as they bled to their doom. But then we saw the scariest thing of all: two fresh corpses layed at the opposite end of the room. And their faces looked just like us. Me and Foster threw ourselves into the door, trying to bust it out. But then there was a deafening boom and screeching. Me and Foster slowly turned around, quaking with fear. There was the little girl, but she was floating and with blood slowly dripping from her empty eye sockets. “Are you boys ready to leave this world?” she inqueried and we both cried, sobbing for our lives “This is for your own good… get ready to be saved by the cold grip of DEATH” she said and she screamed, lunging towards us. I ripped a dead dog off the wall and brought it down over her head, sending her crashing to the floor. I then pried the door open with a femur. We ran outside and ran and ran, hopped the fence, and scrambled into the car. We drove away, drenched in sweat and knowing we would never be the same.

If there’s one thing I want you to take away from reading this, it’s the same thing I learned that horrifying night: don’t go digging through your past, because it’s been left behind for a reason…

THE END
>>
>>7889755
i then pried the door open with a femur hahaha jesus christ
>>
>>7889755
>Dead dogs lined the walls, some of them still alive, whimpering as they bled to their doom.
>>
Holy shit this is scarier than House of Leaves

Please put a trigger warning next time
>>
File: image.png (330 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.png
330 KB, 750x1334
>I made that drive in 10 hours or so with my friend in the middle of the night before

You're a dirty liar. Get your facts straight.

if you're going to try to spook me out at least give me the common courtesy of factual spookining.

If you had gotten the time to drive right everybody would have believed you

Pic related
>>
btw this is like a genuinely fun scavenger hunt to find all the things you should never do when writing
>>
>>7889746
>>7889755
trying to make your story sound conversational actually makes it much less believable. your descriptions of gore are overdone, and the pacing is rushed. don't try again.
>>
>>7889822
I thought it is pretty good, I want to read more
>>
>>7889746
>but I swear on my mother’s grave

Stopped reading here desu
>>
>>7889858
I thought it was really good actually, you should read a more
>>
>>7889848
>>7889890
OP being a shameless fuck stick

SAGE
>>
>>7889890
you cannot troll me, friend, for i simply avoid walking under the bridge
>>
>>7889907
Im not OP!
>>
>>7889924
sorry, good sir -- i take back my accusation at once!
>>
>>7889812

I knew he was lying when he alluded to the fact that Weird Al has 8 Hours of humourous material.
>>
>>7889746
>>7889747
>>7889751
>>7889755
Didn't read, lel
>>
>>7889965
It's good
>>
>the gypsy women
This is a real abstract kind of bad
>>
File: 1427731512123.jpg (430 KB, 690x805) Image search: [Google]
1427731512123.jpg
430 KB, 690x805
>>7889746
In all honesty this is the most comically bad thing I've read this year
>>
at first i lolled
then i kekked
it's wonderfully terrible
>>
HAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
File: cy.jpg (32 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
cy.jpg
32 KB, 400x400
>Dead dogs lined the walls, some of them still alive, whimpering as they bled to their doom
>>
>>7889993
No, it's legitimately very bad and derivative.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.