[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anybody read the Fuehrer's favorite writer?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: Karl_May_edit.jpg (134 KB, 450x700) Image search: [Google]
Karl_May_edit.jpg
134 KB, 450x700
Anybody read the Fuehrer's favorite writer?
>>
But may Karl edit .png?
>>
>>7445138
I guess not
>>
I did, as a child. Very nice adventure books.
>>
I read a lot of his books as a kid. It was good back then
>>
It always takes me back to my adolescent years and it's really nice to read it. I guess May would have like Hitler, too.
>>
My favourite one was "Der Schatz im Silbersee", it was like those movies were all the different super heroes come together... :)
>>
>>7445152
this and the Winnetou books
>>
About the connection to Hitler: I would say the books, while certainly not very "pc" by today's standards, were actually somewhat ahead of their time. Remember that back then, Indians were usually portrayed as subhuman, cruel barbarians in most of pop culture (I'm thinking early Hollywood films). Karl May had already progressed to the later stage of racism: The noble savage.
I think this is where nazi ideology can enter, actually, since they were obsessed with Indians as a "natural" people, comparable to the mythical "Germans" of antiquity.
>>
>>7445171
another proof that we could have had a better world
>>
>>7445179
What do you mean?
>>
>>7445191
that the nazi ideology only seems to be bad for the human race
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.