[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the best title ever given to a book?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: zenmotorcycle.jpg (75 KB, 410x648) Image search: [Google]
zenmotorcycle.jpg
75 KB, 410x648
What is the best title ever given to a book?
>>
File: 16069563.jpg (24 KB, 318x412) Image search: [Google]
16069563.jpg
24 KB, 318x412
this
>>
>>7443807
off topic zen and the art has been on my shelf for like three years because I got it for a quarter. is it worth reading?
>>
It's a tie between A La Recherche Du Temps Perdu, Gravity's Rainbow, and Agapē Agape.
>>
>>7443834

Not really. The memoir bits are nice and interesting but his overall attempt is to communicate the need for a broader/deeper approach to life/philosophy in the contemporary west, a message which is by no means novel by now and which most of us already feel is true.
>>
>>7443820
Go back to /pol/
>>
>>7443834
It's worth at least $0.75 so you got a bargain.
The point is: an objects value is dependent on the person using the object. And there is an academic struggle autobiographical plot line.
The Agony and the Ectasy
Of Human Bondage
Conspiracy of Dunces
To Kill a Mockingbird
those are pretty good titles to books of varying degrees of intrinsic quality.
>>
>>7443842
it's a legitimately insightful and well written book, too bad you wont reader cause the cultural marxists have done a number on you
>>
>>7443834
No. It's a 400-page wank by a pseudo-intellectual.
>>
>>7443847
>Conspiracy of Dunces
Haha what?
>>
>>7443834
You overpaid.
>>
>>7444030
Sounds like exactly the kind of thing /lit/ would normally love.
>>
>>7443847
>an objects value is dependent on the person using the object.
This is, like, a high school tier insight. How does someone write a whole book off of this?
>>
>>7444340
the popularity of this book coincided with the rise of marijauna use in the US. Just sayin.
>>
>>7444037
you know what I meant you pedant.
>>
>>7444325
Good point.
>>
File: infernal.jpg (371 KB, 1037x1600) Image search: [Google]
infernal.jpg
371 KB, 1037x1600
>>7443807
>>
Rabbit Redux
Carpenter's Gothic
Infinite Jest
Stand on Zanzibar
Under the Volcano
Blood Meridian
>>
The sublime object of ideology
>>
Satantango
Melancholy of Resistance
Physics of Sorrow
Eunoia
Master and Margarita
>>
The Ass Vagina of Lucifer Niggerbastard
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.