[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are you really going to let this drug-addled loser be the voice
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 9
Are you really going to let this drug-addled loser be the voice of your generation, /lit/? Get cracking and write that novel, for all our sakes.
>>
Can't I just kill him?
>>
>>7443161
I am but it's in Arabic so it probably won't be a generational voice unless we take over your countries within 10-20 years. :s
>>
File: image.jpg (645 KB, 2383x3300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
645 KB, 2383x3300
On it :^)
>>
File: Large Whatevs.png (217 KB, 800x480) Image search: [Google]
Large Whatevs.png
217 KB, 800x480
>>7443161
I have no interest in speaking for my generation and even if I did it's not like I can really relate to them beyond a superficial sense of 'entertainment media is pretty fun eh lads?'

And besides, I write for fun, to share fun, not to be some spooky spokesman, a 'spooksman,' if you will
>>
>>7443188
>baitchan
>>
>>7443188
All memes aside, Isn't Kolsti only a poet? Or did he try his hand at prose without my being aware?
>>
>>7443161

We're already writing the era definining epic right now. It's called 4chan.
>>
>>7443202
He's originally known for his flashy 16 year-old prose. I don't think he's out out much other than some nonfiction in the last year though.

https://warosu.org/lit/thread/S7344201#p7350013
https://warosu.org/lit/thread/S7344201#p7344273
>>
>>7443161
I did, its called "Hypershere"
>>
>>7443211
a little on the nose there bud
>>
>>7443241
it's a genre fiction that transcends genre fiction
>>
>>7443197
I wont
>>
>>7443366
okay
>>
>>7443218
He's insanely talented if he did this plus the poems before turning 18. But does he have anything to say?
>>
Elliot Rodger didn't do drugs OP
>>
>>7443218
How do you know this is him?
>>
>>7443161
Neither I'm going to be nothing.
Absolutely nothing.
>>
>>7443161
No thanks I'll just throw the towel in.
>>
I'm working on it, friends, and I hope that someday you'll be proud of me, and that I can have pictures taken of me where I stand coyly behind trees like a true autist.
>>
>>7443161
Yeah I think so. His followers in alt lit are piss but Taipei definitely communicated the loneliness I feel. Also I do a lot of drugs and think his idea about drugs in the book are close to mine.
>>
Tao Lin you and your friends need to get off of our Tinychat!!!
>>
>>7443161
But I am also a drug addicted loser.
>>
>>7443161
He's not the voice of anything. The world is well aware.
>>
I feel that describing me as "drug-addled" is inaccurate, in that addled suggests the drugs I consume (including coffee, cough medicine, as well as others) make me think "unclearly" or otherwise negatively effect my ability to think and reason. This is not true, in my experience, and the drugs I consume mostly either reduce negative internal sensations or contribute to positive, mostly "hallucinogenic" or abstract, experiences which benefit my existence overall, I feel. The reason I don't visit /lit/ much any more (other than the times I get emailed with a link to a thread about me) is because the people who post here, in my opinion - supported by my experience and careful thought - mostly here to distract themselves (from work, anxiety, boredom etc) and contribute to a form of entertainment which involves the casual denigration of people "trying their best" as I am and have with my written work and art, despite claiming (or implying, in other threads and through maintaining various "memes) they are "outsider" figures or that their intelligence, sensitivity and anxiety prevents them from forming close relationships with other people, especially people who they would judge (ironically) as being cruel, publicly judgmental or insensitive to the quality of art and perhaps beauty in general. I am going to leave this thread now.
>>
>voice of your generation

Nobody even mentions this guy except /lit/. I have a literary job and most of my friends and colleagues read and he legit is never brought up. Just here.
>>
>>7445174
You're "art" is sign of how pathetic this generation is
>>
>>7445195
>you're

Nice try kiddo.
>>
>>7445174
I liked your whale poem senpai.
>>
File: gfff.jpg (13 KB, 319x252) Image search: [Google]
gfff.jpg
13 KB, 319x252
>>7445174
keep on producing you waste of space and jissom. your defeatism is a bore. you'll be a pederast in no time.
>>
>>7445174
Well that was an elaborate flounce.
>>
>>7444892
This. If it was me instead of Tao you'd all hate me just the same.
>>
Is Tao worth reading at all? I know he's basically just a meme but is there any relevance and worth to his work?
>>
>>7445223
I've read all there is to read by him and about him, including all his old blogposts, articles about him in small newspapers ("The Art of Depression" is my favorite article about him) and his interviews etc.

I recommend Taipei as a mature, interesting novel. I recommend Richard Yates as a humorous and cute novel. I recommend you are a little bit happier than i am as an interesting collection of poems. I do not recommend Eeeee Eee Eeee because it seems written for personal fame and attention. I do not recommend Shoplifting for American Apparel because its humor is proactively childish and it appeals to the crowd in a way I find unappealing. I do not recommend Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy because it is poorly articulated. I do not recommend Bed because it seems to be written for fame and is poorly articulated.
>>
File: gggf.jpg (61 KB, 659x768) Image search: [Google]
gggf.jpg
61 KB, 659x768
>>7445242
thank you for reminding me that this board is full of hipster nerds who drink tea and wear skinny chinos
>>
>>7445223
Honestly, I quite liked Taipei but there wasn't much there that i'd say he was great or even that unique.
>>
>>7445254
If I thought you possessed the capacity to articulate yourself in a meaningful way I may be offended by what you have to say, but judging by your post I can only conclude that you are just another unintelligent, unoriginal and very frustrated individual.
>>
>>7445268
Right? What's the deal with people here being too scared to argue and just hiding behind vague, mildly clever insults. Every fucking thread.
>>
>>7445295
I think it's gotten worse over the years, or perhaps I've just become bored by it. I don't think I'll post on this board much in the future, it's very repetitive and predictable after 5 years of daily use.
>>
>>7445268
>>7445295

PROJECTING WEWWWW
>>
>>7445333
HAHAH I GOT TRIPS HAHAHSOOOO EPIC

HEEHEHH THIS IS SO COOL MOM LOOK MOM COME LOOK I'M POSTNG ON THE INTERNET

KEK KEK HEHEH UR DUMB IM SMART BOKKS R AWSUM HAHAH HEHEHE HOOHOOOH

I LOVE THE INTENRET ITS SO DISTRACTING UM NEVER BORD HEY GUYS LOOK AT ME HAHAH EHEHHEH WOW THIS IS SO GOOOD LIFE IS AWSUM AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>7445344
you're clearly not tao because you get it

nevertheless you are the equivalent of bourgeois lit, my friend. you are a stagnant stool
>>
>>7443161
Sometimes I feel every writer on /lit/ wants to be Tao Lin.
>>
>>7443161
nah
>>
>>7443161
poor man's Ben Lerner, I'm afraid
>>
>>7445174
i love u and ur haikus
>>
>>7445344
nice post-trips dubs
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
Working on it..
>>
>>7446392
Not this guy again.
>>
File: image.jpg (104 KB, 666x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
104 KB, 666x500
>>7446408
>>
File: schopen.jpg (31 KB, 300x358) Image search: [Google]
schopen.jpg
31 KB, 300x358
>>7445344
hit a nerve
>>
>>7443161
Since I'm posting anonymously and any ridicule I'll garner will be ephemeral:

Who is this faggot and why should I give a shit?
>>
>>7445174
DUDE
>>
>>7445174
I loved you as the new Sulu on Star Trek
>>
>>7446656
Don't be racist.

That's Glenn from the walking dead
>>
>>7445174
>effect
Tao is a genius he wouldn't make that mistake
>>
>>7446069
Neither of them are poor men but if there was any artistic justice they both would be
>>
>>7443161
>Are you really going to let this drug-addled loser be the voice of your generation, /lit/?
That's not Elliot Rodger.

My Twisted World is the voice of our generation, it's tragic that Elliot died.
>>
>>7443161
Worry not, no one really reads lit fic anymore, so we're safe from assholes like Lin having any influence or relevance.

You guys want to be voices of our generation, try rapping or directing.
>>
File: 603777.jpg (15 KB, 413x92) Image search: [Google]
603777.jpg
15 KB, 413x92
>>7443188
I decided to see what the actual post number in your pic is. Pic related is what I found.
>>
>>7448019
The cover was designed before that date so I'm pretty sure they were just random numbers.
>>
>>7445174
RARE
>>
>>7443161
Yes.
>>
>>7445174
What do you think of next "next Tao Lin" Kolsti Nguyen?
>>
>>7446549
is that coiffure acceptable in public then?
>>
>>7445295
It's obviously because slinging insults attached to memepics is much easier than reading the damn piece, formulating an opinion and then defending that opinion with a close reading

in fact, most of /lit/ probably doesn't read and can't close read
>>
>>7447521
truth

anyway, anyone who bothers with fiction will have their hands full with the established authors, not some fringe alt character like Lin. it's not cool to be alt unless literally all your friends are hipsters
>>
>>7448840
sometimes witty, has strong desire to both write and be famous, good at self-promotion (perhaps...shillingly...good?), and he has very little talent, if any at all
>>
>>7443161
Man, I just want to write campy genre fiction, don't foist that on me.
Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.