[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If reading is not about the plot, the morale, the things you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 8
File: think feel.jpg (54 KB, 542x650) Image search: [Google]
think feel.jpg
54 KB, 542x650
If reading is not about the plot, the morale, the things you learn as in the outlook on life it gives you, or the likeable characters, then
what is it really about ?
>>
File: HegelGlasses.jpg (15 KB, 265x319) Image search: [Google]
HegelGlasses.jpg
15 KB, 265x319
>>7443058
#theladiez
#thestreetcred
>>
File: nietzsche arguing with referee.jpg (10 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
nietzsche arguing with referee.jpg
10 KB, 480x360
if you seriously want to answer this question, bad things will happen to you.
>>
The ideology behind the text!
>>
>>7443058
The language
>>
To look cool/smart.

Basically dick measuring

Lol at plebs who didn't start with the Greeks by the way, plebs.
>>
>>7443058
Masturbating to prose.
>>
>>7443058
Fun.
>>
File: vladimir-nabokov.jpg (39 KB, 411x395) Image search: [Google]
vladimir-nabokov.jpg
39 KB, 411x395
β€œIn this course I have tried to reveal the mechanism of those wonderful toys β€” literary masterpieces. I have tried to make of you good readers who read books not for the infantile purpose of identifying oneself with the characters, and not for the adolescent purpose of learning to live, and not for the academic purpose of indulging in generalizations. I have tried to teach you to read books for the sake of their form, their visions, their art. I have tried to teach you to feel a shiver of artistic satisfaction, to share not the emotions of the people in the book but the emotions of its author β€” the joys and difficulties of creation. We did not talk around books, about books; we went to the center of this or that masterpiece, to the live heart of the matter.
>>
>>7443458
this

you can appreciate literature as an artform, from the perspective of a writer
>>
>>7443477
>implying there is a writer
>>
>>7443068
This. Reading and understanding the Phenomenology of Spirit will make you good with the ladies. Fuck all of you who said it was gibberish
>>
Darwinism is a theory of biological evolution developed by the English naturalist Charles Darwin and others, stating that all species of organisms arise and develop through the natural selection of small, inherited variations that increase the individual's ability to compete, survive, and reproduce.
>>
an effective way to indulge in information and high cognitive functions
>>
>>7443457
This desu

Why do I need reading to be about something if I enjoy it?
>>
>>7443587
that's pure sensualism
>>
File: 1429307433387.jpg (24 KB, 331x334) Image search: [Google]
1429307433387.jpg
24 KB, 331x334
>>7443592
that's pure spooks

I will continue to enjoy my property, your thin veil of intellectualism included
>>
>>7443457
>>7443587
These

"Because the pleasure of being all alone, with a book, is one of the greatest pleasures."

- William Gaddis
>>
>>7443458
Who wrote that?
>>
>>7443643
John Green
>>
File: TarkinBattleOfYavin.png (1 MB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
TarkinBattleOfYavin.png
1 MB, 1200x800
>>7443058
Who the fuck sad it wasn't about all those things?
I think you overestimate their chances.
>>
File: 162394-40887-grand-moff-tarkin.jpg (17 KB, 334x358) Image search: [Google]
162394-40887-grand-moff-tarkin.jpg
17 KB, 334x358
Also: 'morale' would be he overall happiness of the book. Which is full Simple Tom.
If you could words, you might understand better.
>>
>>7443058
Because experiencing the art of someone else is the most meaningful and profound connection you can make with another human: the emotions and the beliefs of the artist are expressed ; the artist's very being is revealed.
>>7443614
This too.
>>
>>7443058
Start with Kierk's parables and the idea of double reflection. Don't interpret text, but be interpreted through the text.
>>
>>7443596
New to /lit/, and lurking isn't helping me much. What does spooks mean here?
>>
>>7444405

Look up Max Stirner
>>
do people really conceptualize the entirety of literature in these moronically simplistic terms? 'morale', are you kidding me?
>>
>>7445809
obviously its a eurofag who meant ethics
>>
Aesthetics
>>
>>7445926
>vacuous buzzwords
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.