[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Iceland thread. Does anyone know of any awesome Icelandic writers?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: greenland.jpg (193 KB, 915x492) Image search: [Google]
greenland.jpg
193 KB, 915x492
Iceland thread.

Does anyone know of any awesome Icelandic writers? What is must reads of modern Icelandic lit?

Icelandbros please enlighten me. Which Icelandic author would you like to hang out with and why?

Tell me everything.
>>
>modern Icelandic lit
Kek. Stay with the Skaldics.
>>
>>7442232
Yes, God forbid anyone tries to read anything written after the reformation.
>>
>>7442224
The Icelanders haven't done shit since Sturluson, son.
>>
>>7442284
Sjón
Eliasson
Baldursdottir
Helgrimsson
Stefansson
>>
snorri innit
>>
File: little book of the icelanders.jpg (24 KB, 313x499) Image search: [Google]
little book of the icelanders.jpg
24 KB, 313x499
>>7442224
Halló! You could always try The Little Book of the Icelanders (English), edited by Alda Sigmundsdóttir.

That said, if you're looking for literature á íslensku, it might be easier to fly to Reykjavík...
>>
>>7442340
Literally who, who, who, who, and who?
>>
File: iced.jpg (25 KB, 308x475) Image search: [Google]
iced.jpg
25 KB, 308x475
>>7442224
>>
>>7442583
Why are you even here?

>>7442415
Thanks. Does it have any real litterary value, or is it more in the cultural anthropology department?

Because I'm looking more for the former than the latter.
>>
>>7442713
>Little Book
It's cultural. Stick with Laxness, et al. for modern literary value.
>>
>>7442770
Okay. Thanks anyway.

>Stick with Laxness et al.
That's just the thing.. who's "et al."?
>>
Einar Mar Gudmundsson.
His work "Angels of the Universe" is fantastic
>>
>>7442905
The movie was great.
>>
Iceland under Norwegian rule - Great
Iceland under Danish rule - Shit
>>
>>7442841
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/et+al.
>>
>>7442925
The British rule was best.
>>
>>7442918
Didn't know there was a movie. Thanks!
>>
>>7442954
Honestly that movie had a huge impact on me. I have never suffered from schizophrenia however I did suffer from a psychosis and was hospitalized against my will for 6 weeks when I was 21. The best films about mental illness that I've come across is Angels of the Universe, clean,shaved and woman under the influence.
>>
>>7442933
Anon verified for British cod fisherman.

>Remember the Ægir
>>
>>7442931
"kek"
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.