[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Creating a Functional Polyamory
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 1407292181119.jpg (161 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1407292181119.jpg
161 KB, 1024x768
Is it possible, in your experiences? What sort of rules or guidelines to be established in order for a relationship of 3 or more people to work? And is there any reading material you would recommend on the subject?
>>
this isn't a love column.

>And is there any reading material you would recommend on the subject?

the berlin stories by isherwood.
>>
had an exgf into it.
it never works out because of feels. someone always loves someone more, same as a standard relationship. love is never even.
>>
>>7440766
Maybe I should have asked about the moral implications of a polyamory.
>>
>>7440785
>Maybe I should have asked about the moral implications of a polyamory.

within whose framework, be precise.
>>
>>7440762
>torturing yourself by creating attachments that are inevitably going to lead to feelings of jealousy and betrayal
Do you really think it's that important to nut in the same few vaginas repeatedly? If you're going to put in the effort it takes to do this, why not just pull new girls? If you want consistency, it's going to require a ton of luck and effort to make that happen in a multiple. Do you really have nothing more rewarding to do with your time than dealing with multiplied relationship drama?
>>
>Voluntary Kekoldry
Kill yourself.
>>
>>7440762

Go read The Ethical Slut OP.

>>7440781

In other words, where bargaining power and sexual market value etc are concerned, the only fundamental, ontological difference between the two is that the one involves a larger number of participants.

>>7440893

You seem not to have considered the possibilities that OP is bisexual, or that OP has multiple women lined up, which is the antithesis of cvckoldry. I don't believe that he literally does, given his beta prose, but we must still admit of this general possibility.
>>
>>7442169
Nobody calls having multiple girls polyamory. That's a harem, and if OP had one of those he wouldn't be asking 4chan for advice about it.
>>
>>7440774

Although this guy has a point about "savagery".

I'm going to throw out a bunch of memes that I haven't fact-checked, but they sound good and seem to make sense as a cohesive explanation of history. I invite you to fact check, call bullshit, and so on. Here goes.

1) Polygyny (The subset of poygamy involving one man and multiple women) is apparently still very common throughout Africa, meaning leftover men.
2) Africa is an undeveloped shithole. Uncivilized. Savage. Perhaps due in part to the above alleged polygyny (but also lower group IQ, and okay I guess colonialism was sorta-bad for them too ATEOTD).

3) Meanwhile, in Western civ until recently, Christianity prescribed one-to-one heterosexual pair bonding, with grave social and criminal sanction against transgressors. Women were shamed out of their natural impulse to harem-up with arch-chads.
4) As a result, betas were given Reason To Live (i.e. Pussy), and were happy to fight wars, invent the cotton gin, computers and so on.
5) Thus, in Western civ, well... Civ. Sub-optimal mating strategy and mildly perturbed women led to a world actually worth living in, on the whole.

6) Until televised handsome presidents, televised rock stars (Davos Alphas, Elvises, Beatles, totems to The Order of the Gash - We love you CONRAD, oh yes we doo...) and particluarly the sexual revolution, but since we're memeing at 10, why not name-drop feminism too. Women lobby to get what the fuck they want out of life. And whether they knew it or not in Susan B. Anthony's day...

7) What they really want is to harem up with arch-alphas, for which today's "polyamory" is a convenient, progressive-sounding excuse - but of course this is also practiced by Mormons, some Muslims, and so on - a rather conservative couple of demographic groups.
8) And so, Civ is shivved into savagery. I say the thing to do is to get your own harem, if you are able. There's no point trying to save it at this point.
>>
>>7442186

No, you're right, No True Scotsman would ever use such PC-sounding language.
>>
A three-way relationship is fucking stupid. I don't want you and your goddamn WIVES coming over for Thanksgiving. Do you want to have a three-way wedding? Are you going to have a giant ass bed for your multiple partners?

Be a normal person you fuck. We have two person relationships because it takes two to tango and two to make a baby-o. Everything else is stupid pomo bullshit or stupid tribal bullshit.
>>
>>7442217
>le fallacy meme
It's a guess, not an /r/atheism debate on the size of Dawkins left testicle.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.