[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've been into 40k before and when I mentioned it a friend
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 1996x3654) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 1996x3654
I've been into 40k before and when I mentioned it a friend of mine gave me all these books. I've only read 15 hours and the first Cain book.

Is 40k literature the male equivalent to romance novels?
>>
>>7440183
Not literature. Try bringing the subject to a more appropriate board, such as /b/.
>>
>>7440191
What constitutes literature, tripfag?
>>
>>7440183
>male equivalent to romance novels
Not really, though some do reach that point. The Ghosts stories run the gamut from 'great' to 'awful'. Enjoy Sabbat Martyr, because the rest of the stories in The Lost aren't as good.
>>
>>7440243
What order should I read these in?
>>
>>7440286
Read the Cain books, then Eisenhorn and Last Chancers. Then read the Ghosts books you have there (Founding -> Saint -> Lost). Eisenhorn is probably some of the best that Abnett has written.
>>
>>7440320
Thanks man. How quick of reads are they? I remember 15 hours being way too short.
>>
The shit ones are the male equivalent of romance novels.

Dan Abnett's a good writer though. He elevates that shit.
>>
>>7440183
I used to play Warhammer and read a few of the novels, you have the best of a bad bunch there. Even by the fairly low standards of cheap genre fiction many of them are absolutely dire. I don't know if I'd be able to read any now though, the last few I tried reading in my late teens were supposed to be well regarded by the fans but I couldn't finish them, they were complete shite.
>>
>>7440438
>the best of a bad bunch there
You mean these few books about the IG are the best books out of the entire body of 40k novels?

I guess I lucked out. I really should be reading something else but these are actually fun to read so far.
>>
>>7440191
>a tripfag telling people how to behave

WH 40K is plastic crack. I was selling my figurines, and spotted a Games Workshop at Oxford.

Thirty five ponds later and a few hours later, and I've decided to repaint my whole autismo army.
>>
>>7441630
Why do you keep mentioning Oxford in your posts
>>
File: 1449653994621.png (17 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1449653994621.png
17 KB, 600x600
>>7440191
>>
>>7441660
wasn't bait senpai
>>
Dan Abnett's novels are pretty good reads. I've never been into 40k and barely knew what it was, but I was sold on the Ravenor books when they were described as "Firefly in the Event Horizon universe". I like elements of horror in my science fiction, I like stories about teams of interesting people having adventures in space, and Abnett is a decent writer. And now I've just realised he did a continuation to Eisenhorn and Ravenor, so that's going to be keeping me out of trouble this Christmas.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.