[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Help
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: dostoevsky.jpg (5 KB, 149x187) Image search: [Google]
dostoevsky.jpg
5 KB, 149x187
please help me /lit/, I'm trying to describe to a girl how Dostoevsky's understanding of the human consciousness is timeless and how situations in his novels reflect the actions of modern day man but I can't think of any examples
>>
>>7439574
when the ridiculous man denies the young girl help, due to his soul crushing depression, practically a scene that could happen in modern times without any tweaking.
>>
>>7439595
fantastic, cheers lad, got any more like this? It'll come in handy for schooling plebs
>>
>>7439574
Young ISIS fighters who are raised in non particulary religious families in western countries can be compared to dostoyevsky's nihilists (Stavrogin, Verkhovensky, even underground man or Raskolnikov).
>>
>>7439574
Svlobov in Karamazov, when he is too tired of dealing with the insurgents that he doesnt even want to masturbate, that could happen today.
>>
>>7439574
post her nudes or she doesn't exist
>>
Compare the narrator from White Knight and yourself.
>>
>>7439574
The most profound was in The Double, when I got these timeless digits
>>
File: leoff.png (304 KB, 472x470) Image search: [Google]
leoff.png
304 KB, 472x470
>>7440032
>>
>>7439996
I haven't banged her in like 5 years all nudes are gone, friend
>>
>>7440038
At least you got time doubles. :)

The "timeless" portion though hurt that. :(
>>
>>7439574
"You know how Hufflepuff are pure of heart yet have their own kind of quiet heroism? And how Ravenclaw value intelligence and reason? And how Gryffindor like eating chocolate frogs and are at the center of all the drama? And how Slytherin are sneaky bastards? And how they collectively represent a sort of Jungian complementarity/completion? The Karamazovs are totally like that."
>>
>>7440045
You deleted them? What the fuck? Who does that?
>>
>>7440070
I was young and stupid what can I say, I have other nudes tho
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.