[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>reading in the subway >can't focus on the content
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5
File: nervous breakdown frog.png (185 KB, 400x388) Image search: [Google]
nervous breakdown frog.png
185 KB, 400x388
>reading in the subway
>can't focus on the content because of the girls who try to chat me on about my book

everytime, no wonder it takes me ages to finish a book desu
>>
Just ignore her, that's what I do. Or sound pretentious, that does the trick too. Remnder that grisl only read with their holes, so holding a conversation about books is useless.
>>
File: 1242675719430.jpg (23 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1242675719430.jpg
23 KB, 320x240
>>7438522
>only read with their holes
what? do they have built in scanners?
>>
>>7438510
Since you're on /lit/, you're not monolingual. Start speaking in one of the other languages you know and then say, "English only good in reading."
>>
>>7438510
>#firstworldproblems #humblebrag
>>
>>7438533
More or less, yes. Whatever makes them moist, they take and "read" (which is really just pretending to read while waiting to get pciked up.)
>>
Does this actually happen? Where i'm from it would be extremely weird
>>
>>7438548
>Where i'm from it would be extremely weird
Scandinavia?
>>
>>7438548
only a fool would take anything posted here as fact
>>
>>7438552
yes
>>
>>7438554
found the uggo
>>
File: 1445478608715.jpg (67 KB, 720x710) Image search: [Google]
1445478608715.jpg
67 KB, 720x710
>>7438510
>reading on subway
>some guy comes and asks what I'm reading
>show him the title
>he reads it, nods, and walks away
Did he think I'm a pleb?
>>
>>7438546
Ah. I see. I was imagining them squatting over a book.
>>
>>7438557
I usually get lots of smiles from old ladies when i read in public, though
>>
>>7438510
Things that never happened for $200
>>
>>7438569
Rhat too, why do you think they pick hardcover books the most? Let me reword this for a better comprehension, they use the solid spine for pleasure. That is why some books you pick at the public library seem to fall apart, because it was literally used. That, my dear forum associate, is the sad reality we must oblige.
>>
>>7438564
Maybe he was just curious.
>be me on train
>be hyperactive
>guy across from me is reading
>I'm bouncing around, surreptitiously trying to look at the cover
>guy smiles and holds up the book
>dune
>"it's good"
>I ugly laugh, 360 and leave
>JK, I smiled back and stared out the window for the next half hour like the fuckhead I am.
>>
>>7438544
/thread
>>
>go to london
>people talk to me about the book im reading
>old man rants to me about heidegger
>>
>>7438510
>reading on the bus / in the subway
>can't focus because i like listening to other people's conversations
>>
>>7439465
>be me
>in bus
>reading Lolita
>get yelled at by a middle aged women for being perverted
>yell back 'well you sure weren't a nymph back then!'
>leave like six stops too early and go to the park instead
>>
>>7438537
kek
>>
>>7439465
same
>>
File: 4778922.png (22 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
4778922.png
22 KB, 400x400
>>7438537
>>
File: farting cow.jpg (58 KB, 500x291) Image search: [Google]
farting cow.jpg
58 KB, 500x291
>Read in public all the time mostly on my kindle
>No one I don't already know has ever asked me what I'm reading except when I was reading a textbook in the airport
>>
>>7438564
Probably thought it was something else/something he would know, it wasn't, he nods and walks away.
>>
>>7438510
>no wonder it takes me ages to finish a book desu
>desu
I know for a fact that I didn't type 'desu.' Seriously. I typed another dumb meme, granted, one that I've cringed at a hundred times but one that has lost its currency and therefore much of its most irritating qualities. It's the one with the letter T, then the letter B, then the letter H, but lowercase. There has to be some kind of scripting/filtering here.
>>
>>7441141
thanks for taking us through your investigative process Sherlock

fucking retard
>>
>>7441161
>falling for pasta
>year of our lord 2015

ISHYGDDT
>>
>>7438510
>listen to music with headphones on bus
>people giving me looks because it's so loud
>over the course of one trip listen to ABBA, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Daft Punk, the Arctic Monkeys and more
>people avoid eye contact with me when I get off at my stop
Feels good desu.

Almost as good as listening to my music in my truck with the windows down and a cigarette lighted.
>>
>>7439523

Know the feel. What I miss the most about reading in a Kindle is showing off my books to people in the subway.
>>
>>7441243
Now that I'm reading in a Kindle*
>>
>>7439452
People on the tube are fucking polite for some reason.
>>
>>7438510
wear headphones, problem solved; you don't even have to listen to any music, just wearing them is enough to discourage social interaction, go forth ans channel your inner autistic-kid-in-the-lunch-line
>>
I have a Kobo so this has never happened to me. Are you telling me I could be meeting qts with physical books?
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.