[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
About to read this. What am I in for?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: champions.jpg (78 KB, 838x1266) Image search: [Google]
champions.jpg
78 KB, 838x1266
About to read this.
What am I in for?
>>
>>7438369
words, one after the other.
>>
>>7438369
Mediocre book for teengers.
>>
>>7438373
But, what is the matter?
>>
>>7438394
ink and paper constitute the matter, i believe
>>
>>7438376
mediocre post by teenager
>>
>>7438483
Mediocrea and predictable sure, but I haven't been a teenager for quite some time now.
>>
>>7438369

You're in for the phase in Vonnegut's writing career when his best work (Sirens of Titan through Slaughterhouse-Five) was behind him and he commenced coasting on his name.
>>
>>7438369
This is the only Vonnegut book I have read and I would give it meh/10. Some anon online stated that it is better appreciated if previous titles by the author have been read, namely Slaughterhouse 5, Cat's Cradle and The Sirens of Titan. I did find parts of the book very amusing and the authors drawings add to the amusement. [pic related]
>>
>>7438411
But, I mean, what does it all amount to?
>>
if you're not 13 its pretty awful. worst vonnegut i've read, if i would've read as a young shitty pre-teen or teenager it would've been great but its easily the worst vonnegut i've read thus far. best to worst: sirens of titan, cats cradle, galapagos, slaughterhouse 5, breakfast of champions
>>
File: ok kid.jpg (14 KB, 257x257) Image search: [Google]
ok kid.jpg
14 KB, 257x257
>>7438807
>SH5 that low
>pic related

Also I enjoyed it (Breakfast of Champions) better when it was just his stream of consciousness ramblings.
>>
>>7438786
>it is better appreciated if previous titles by the author have been read
So it's a shit book
>>
>>7438807
Shit taste my man
Slaughterhouse 5 blows all those books away
>>
>>7439277
>So it's a shit book
its not shit, nor great
6/10 would be a better description than meh/10
>>
>>7438796
Well my book was $5.99 but it was used
>>
>>7438369
i never liked it. rosewater, mother night, sirens, and deadeye were my favorites by him. slaughterhouse is good too. i rec all those.

and instead of bullshitting an arguement on vonnegut, i just say you try mother night and just see if it sits in with you well. dont worry about what others say here.
>>
>>7440229
Mother Night is the best of the ones I've read, and yet seemingly no one knows it.
>>
File: 1448119575646.jpg (54 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1448119575646.jpg
54 KB, 480x480
>>7438369
Onanism in written form.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.