[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So wait does Rachel get off to hanging out with guys and then
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
File: pynchon-v..jpg (21 KB, 350x500) Image search: [Google]
pynchon-v..jpg
21 KB, 350x500
So wait does Rachel get off to hanging out with guys and then diddling herself to the car?

Why did Benny tack up all those condoms? Everything else so far in this book is great but da fuck is being implied here besides sexual attraction to cars?
>>
If you're that fucking stupid, stop now.
>>
>>7436002

Edge with a hint of superiority, nice.
>>
I don't understand what you're asking, been a while since I read the book, but yes, Rachel is in love with her Mg.
>>
>>7436046

I mean I get that clearly, and the fact she most likely masturbates to it. What I don't understand is why he immediately ran off and nailed all those condoms to everyone's door.

Was he trying to send a message to this whole place not to try to fuck her?
>>
>>7436053
Ohhhh right, I remember now. That part made zero sense to me. Also where Rachel calls Benny in the bus station early on. Two things I've no answer for.
>>
>>7436064

I mean an estranged pseudo-romantic partner calling random bus stops in the middle of new years eve night is pretty in line with anything pynchon-esque, remined me a lot of TCOL49 with her calling that one bar when she was Albert

Just the whole condom thing is throwing me off.....
>>
is this book antisemitic
>>
>>7436130

It is and isn't?
>>
>>7436098
>I mean an estranged pseudo-romantic partner calling random bus stops in the middle of new years eve night is pretty in line with anything pynchon-esque
Benny calling for Rachel? sure
But Rachel seems somehow above that to me, not in any moral or dignitary sense, just so much as she finds herself 'above' Benny

Dunno, whole part stuck out as super bizarre to me to the point where I wondered how literal the exchange was meant to be
>>
File: v (06).jpg (33 KB, 575x554) Image search: [Google]
v (06).jpg
33 KB, 575x554
>>7435989
>>
File: original theory do not steal.png (53 KB, 603x584) Image search: [Google]
original theory do not steal.png
53 KB, 603x584
>>7436325
>>
File: PO MO.jpg (53 KB, 753x791) Image search: [Google]
PO MO.jpg
53 KB, 753x791
>>7436376
>>
>>7436396
two penises=v
v=vagina
two penises=vagina
gay sex=woman
gay sex will replace femalekind! :o
>>
>>7436396
Classic, the "pomo" joke! A great parody of angry undergads and flustered Jewish literary critics.
>>
>>7436445
>tfw you will never be a postmodern wittol
>>
>>7435989
V. stands for vagina. Think about it...
>>
>>7436458
>>7436399
>>
>>7436191
apparently the nose job section was inspired by a jewish ex-gf who dumped him for being catholic
>>
>>7437449
cool, thus reaffirming my theory that all great art comes out of getting back at women who slighted you
>>
this book is shite
>>
>>7435989
I don't remember anything about that. What page approximatly ?
>>
>>7435989
Rachel is in love with her car, that is why she gets off on cleaning her car.

Benny has no real use for the condoms and Pynchon tells you his thought process when he's pinning them.
>>
>>7439413
>Benny has no real use for the condoms and Pynchon tells you his thought process when he's pinning them.
This. I don't remember exactly what it was about but it wasn't directly related to Rachel, and even then wouldn't be the strangest thing going on with those two in the book.
>>
>>7436376
are you saying stencil is inanimate?
>>
>V.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWjjViJzfCU
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.