[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This book... wow
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (52 KB, 299x475) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
52 KB, 299x475
This book... wow
>>
>>7435896
Literary critic and scholar Bill Barbrady once famously stated upon completing the book, "At first I was happy to be learning how to read. It seemed exciting and magical, but then I read this: Atlas Shrugged, by Ayn Rand. I read every last word of this garbage, and because of this piece of crap, I am never reading again!"
>>
I literally just got the title

KEK
>>
>>7435902
that episode was on minutes ago
>>
>>7435905
Huh
>>
>>7435916
Atlas, the guy holding up the world, shrugs them off

the powerful rich white elite deciding to stop paying for welfare basically
>>
File: as.jpg (96 KB, 607x800) Image search: [Google]
as.jpg
96 KB, 607x800
>>7435902
>>
>>7435911
I saw it too, p good tbqh
>>
>>7435930
I thought he was just shrugging, like, "yeah, i don't know."
>>
>>7435911
Oh really? haha
Can't wait until the finale.
>>
I thought it was well written, interesting and had some engaging ideas. However taking ideology of any sort at face value, whether as gold or as shit is impossibly retarded.

I've heard people say that Rand's work presented perfect ideas, and I've heard people dismiss Rand out of hand without even fully reading any one of her works. Both of these people are dumb, though to latter is much more common than the former.
>>
She has very powerful ideas but they have not lead to success, only her long diatribes.
>>
I enjoyed Anthem, would I like any other Rand?
>>
>>7436597
Maybe. I sort of liked Anthem in middle school. I tried Fountainhead in high school and hated it though.

Regardless her philosophical views are trash and her writing isn't that great.
>>
i always thought atlas held up the sky.
>>
>>7435930
>the most powerful people in countries founded and built by white men are white men
Shocker.
>>
>>7436611
Yeah he does. The thing he holds in Greek statues are the celestial spheres, not the earth.
>>
If you don't enjoy the book for its ideological position, you can at least enjoy the prose. There were solid themes of friendship, adversity, love, politics, philosophy, the problems of capitalism, problems of government, and the nature of man.

I'm not an objectivist, but I found this book to be an incredibly satisfying read.

I also cried during the last scene of Rearden with the Wet Nurse
>>
>>7436653
confirmed for no taste

stop posting anytime
>>
I always make a point to put this book in the history section in bookstores.
>>
>>7436658
>Someone has different taste than me
>Better attempt to silence their opinion!
>>
>>7436682
>MOCKING IS CENSORSHIP WAHH

reddit tier desu
>>
>>7436682
>Neoliberal gets his feelings hurt on the internet
>I'm being stifled!
Unwarranted self importance
>>
>>7436682
You guys really are SJW fucks. Somebody makes fun of your shit taste and then you start to whine about oppression.
>>
>>7436617
No you don't understand, the white guy in the trailer next door calls me names so it's a huge problem that the European and American elites are still white.
>>
>>7436731
>living in a trailer
>>>/trash/
get it? trailer trash :3
>>
I might have pussy-worshipped her if she was actually good-looking and attractive, but that bitch is ugly just like her retarded "philosophy".
>>
>>7435896
It really is that shit, isn't it anon.
>>
>>7436653
>>7436653
You have bad taste. How The Grinch Stole Christmas has more depth and overall literary merit.
>>
>>7435930
This.

This is why /lit/ is the most intellectual board.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.