[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I want some extremely batshit esoteric philosophy. Something
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2
File: photo-passport17.jpg (94 KB, 373x438) Image search: [Google]
photo-passport17.jpg
94 KB, 373x438
I want some extremely batshit esoteric philosophy. Something almost /x/ tier but not quite. What's the craziest philosophy still worth reading?
>>
>>7433833
Hegel?
>>
>>7433836
Already read him. He's taken too seriously by academia to be 'batshit' but yea it's pretty cray-zee.
>>
>>7433833
Time Cube.
>>
>>7433833
I think it's not what you're looking, but Pythagoreanism is quite interesting to read about.
>>
Scientology
>>
i'd say evola but judging by your picture you probably already know him
>>
>>7433833
Agrippa?

The Secret Teaching of All Ages is a good book too.
>>
>>7433833
>batshite /x/ tier
My diary 2bh
>>
>>7433833
Weininger's Sex&Character.
>>
>>7433983
Got any recs? I finished a bit of reading about the Druze people. Apparently they may be crypto-Pythagorean/Neo-Platonist "Muslims."
>>
>>7433833

Corpus Hermeticum.

Jacob Boehme and Swedenborg are terrible stylists, unreadable, but batshit esoteric describes their content well.

Hegel and the Hermetic Tradition is a book that can introduce you to the weird places Hegel was coming from.

I find Sartre esoteric. That's not a very common take though.

Of course Bruno, Ficino, and Pico della Mirandola.

Iamblichus and Pseudo Dionysius. Gregory Shaw has a great book on Iamblichus that everyone should read. Paints him as a "mystical existentialist."
>>
>>7434212
Excellent post.
>>
orgyofthewill.net
>>
>>7433833
>>>/his/
>>>/x/
>>>/b/atshit
>>
>>7434048
More /r9k/ isn't it?
>>
>>7435431
This. It's not crazy, it's real philosophy, the author's style is pretty wild and energetic.
>>
Elliott hulse videos on youtube. May be batshit crazy but damn if your posture dorsnt get better out of it
>>
Deleuze and Guattari's Anti Oedipus

Despite actually having a lot to say about the current global capitalist system, it's traced out in the most absurd way. In what other text would you be talking about flows of shit, semen and synovial fluid or sunbeams coming out of a mans ass as a machine connecting him to God?
>>
>>7433833
Solipsism comes close.
>>
>>7433833
who's pic related? Looks like my ugly Indian aunt.
>>
>>7434212
Well-informed poster detected. Do this, op. Also check out Three Books of Occult Philosophy.
>>
>>7433833
Look up a crazy video-game fan-fic writer called Michael Kirkbride.
>>
>>7437335
I think it's savitri devi.

OP, Miguel serrano or Julius evola
>>
>>7434212
Seeing Boehme mentioned on /lit/ immediately caught my attention. Mind if I ask your reason for dabbling in these things?

>I find Sartre esoteric. That's not a very common take though.

Would be really happy if you'd elaborate on this as well.
>>
>>7435884
>is
was
>>
File: 3gurdjieff.jpg (11 KB, 283x427) Image search: [Google]
3gurdjieff.jpg
11 KB, 283x427
>>7433833

Gurdjieff's books are really worth reading
>>
>>7437376

So Sartre, at least in his early stuff - essay on the transcendence of the ego, essay on the emotions, being and nothingness, existentialism is a humanism - is essentially positing a transcendental ego that is entirely free. However, he locks this into an historicist cage (this is Marx speaking through him). So humans are essentially bound to their historico-material conditions, but within those confines are absolutely free as conscious entities to move within a sort of ideal space.

His esoteric/magical message comes early, particularly in his essay on the emotions. Emotions enact a magical change on the world. If we are entirely free, then the world is really subject to the permutations consciousness. Of course no depressed Frenchman could allow this, so Sartre tempers his message with a Marxist exhortation to historicism.

Basically Sartre is one step away from espousing total sorcery. He tries later on, particularly in his critique of dialectical reason, to separate his epistemological vision of total freedom of the conscious ego, from any sort of ontological claim. But he fails.
>>
>>7437900
I never understood Sartre because he always imagined this couldn't have been what he meant. It seemed way too contradictory.

But now I know I was right to struggle with Sartre while Heidegger I understood.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.