[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Not Bill Murray
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5
File: bill-murrayNOT.jpg (45 KB, 500x627) Image search: [Google]
bill-murrayNOT.jpg
45 KB, 500x627
Give me the devastatingly obvious reason why Not Bill Murray could not have been Junot Diaz.
>>
He seems more intelligent.
>>
Because i wish I was dead
>>
>>7433596
NBM more intelligent than the Pulitzer winner and MIT professor?
>>
He posted again some months ago, he's just a homosexual Williamsburg yuppie.
>>
>>7433655
Any key phrases to search warosu other than not bill murray?
>>
>>7433648
Ya.
>>
>>7433663
https://warosu.org/lit/thread/S7163516
>>
>>7433596
This

>>7433648
He's a professor or creative writing, is he not? He's a decent writer but come on, that's not the same as being an MIT math professor. You probably shouldn't trust an MIT math professor's take on literature though. Pretty autistic bunch.
>>
>Published three books
Diaz' third book was released in 2012, must have been in contract in 2010.

>Hitchhiker's Guide came out inn the 70s, his fave childhood book, Diaz is 46.

>Music...the adagietto from Mahler's 5th, Weill's Dreigroschenoper, Jazz Waltz by Shostakovich, Nirvana's Nevermind, REM Life's Rich Pageant and Eponymous, first several albums by Belle & Sebastian, first 2 albums by The Secret History

This is a 46 yo's playlist.

> but is some spanish guy and a writer.
Diaz is Dominican

>various genres

Probably lied about his age

>Casual use of "fuck"
Diaz even does this in serious interviews.

>American on the East Coast
It's definitely not Ned Beauman
>>
>>7433700
Yes, but Pulitzer, NBCCA, MacAurthur, PEN/O Henry, Guggenheim, PEN/Malamud, Rome Award, NBA finalist, MacAurthur Genius (not the same as above), US critics consensus Best Novel of the Century to Date.

They don't give that stuff to medium talent.
>>
>>7433723
That's a matter of opinion.
>>
>>7433723
>They don't give that stuff to medium talent.

They do when you belong to a minority group.
>>
>>7433655
>>7433696
Ok, so I read through that, and I got the faggot claim part, but where did Williamsburg and yuppie come from?
>>
>>7433540
It was Joshua Cohen.

He probably met Pynchon after writing a couple letters to him. The Book of Numbers probably got some advice from the Pinecone himself.
>>
File: 14492850532690.jpg (104 KB, 1280x853) Image search: [Google]
14492850532690.jpg
104 KB, 1280x853
For Pine-one Magazine, I've been going through the archives and collecting what he wrote... and then copy editing it... So, there are plenty of (maybe) clues to who he is. With that:

>>7433540
Nope. Doesn't fit.

>>7433655
>>7433696
This isn't him. This is an imitation or he got into drugs and got dumbern hell. Most likely it's someone on methylphenidate imitating him (or her).

Basically the real N-BM was trying to show us interesting things, this guy was just trying to imitate based on less than all the available info.

>>7433716
He said he was in HS in the late 80s / early 90s. Or is lying—why would he be himself?

>>7434192
Have you read Cohen? It's definitely not him.
>>
>>7434448
>Have you read Cohen? It's definitely not him.

Well, Cohen knows German. He also knew stuff about the NSA that the public didn't know. Wouldn't surprise me of ol' Ruggles tipped him off, like he did in GR.
>>
>>7434448
>This isn't him. This is an imitation or he got into drugs and got dumbern hell. Most likely it's someone on methylphenidate imitating him (or her).

Yeah, I didn't buy it either. Good imitation though. But he said some dumb shit like he didn't know fatlenny or that he knew the plot of what was going to be Bleeding Edge (the original never made that claim).
>>
File: mEF7k.jpg (65 KB, 467x700) Image search: [Google]
mEF7k.jpg
65 KB, 467x700
>>7434600
Yea, it was pretty good, honestly. He would have gotten away with it if he shut up. Also w/Bleeding Edge, he talks about it, but only stuff in the book.

>>7434589
Cohen is too young. And I don't think he's as intelligent as NP.

Honestly I may have found him, maybe not, after reading all of it I started to not care. He does give some good advice on getting access to rare documents & getting your fav authors to respond to you. Thinking about it is giving me a headache.
>>
>>7434634
I'm still impressed by the Prince Lucio Rimanez + Cornell connection. What with all the stuff about evil moustaches in GR.

How many people know some minor D.W. Griffith film has an actor with a connection to both Pynchon, James Joyce and Nora Joyce?

Probably the old man himself, and drew inspiration from it for GR.
>>
>>7434448
is that the british 4chanlit chat users sister?
>>
File: pOUFX.jpg (83 KB, 960x902) Image search: [Google]
pOUFX.jpg
83 KB, 960x902
>>7434650
I wonder if he ever answered anyone's emails... I think someone said it was a dead email, but maybe the email was a clue?

N-BM says he wrote a famous author (prob Pinecone) and talked to him about his work... so, that could be it.

And if it was the Pynched-one, who was he pretending to be? Tommy was pretty old by 2011. But who knows.
>>
>>7434679
She's clearly a devotchka.
>>
>>7434448
>He said he was in HS in the late 80s / early 90s.

Diaz would have graduated HS in 1987 or 88. Why does he not fit?

>>7434650
Diaz got a degree from Cornell
>>
>>7434738
NP went to uni in the UK.
>>
>>7434757
Do we know that from the 2010s, of from the fake of 2015?
>>
File: 14492750517021.jpg (70 KB, 1024x679) Image search: [Google]
14492750517021.jpg
70 KB, 1024x679
>>7434778
The fake is... fake. The real guy/girl talks about going to Oxbridge. But, who knows? He/she hints at having been to Yale. It's all a game, so I'm not sure that there is any truth to any of it.

That said, he IS pointing to someone/painting a picture of someone at least. Even if it's not himself. I don't think it's Diaz. Hmm, he graduated HS in 87—that's not going to HS in the late 80s, early 90s. Their tastes in literature—at least from Diaz's wiki, don't match.

But I mean, who knows...
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.