[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ok I'm readin this and I think its OK. but i see everyone
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: norwegian_wood.jpg (19 KB, 302x475) Image search: [Google]
norwegian_wood.jpg
19 KB, 302x475
ok I'm readin this and I think its OK. but i see everyone here thinks Murakami is a fucking hack.

so I have to ask: who does what Murakami is attempting to do better?
>>
bump

help me not be a pleb /lit/
>>
Most people here are talking about/hating the rest of his body of work, which is more surreal.

This is a pretty cut and dry coming of age manic pixie romance, and I kinda liked it, but it's not like most of his other stuff.
>>
>>7433454
>who does what Murakami is attempting to do better
I'm sorry, what?
>>
I found the book pretty comfy. I thought it was a bit wierd at times, especially the side story about the piano teacher
>>
>>7433593
You know what he meant, don't be a faggot.
>>
>>7433613
I'm sorry I can't read broken norwegian english
>>
>>7433454
i read the first half of the first page of coin locker babies and burned the book in the fire of plebness. i'd rather be a pleb than be forced to appreciate that for acceptance into the patrician circles
>>
>>7433617
Only insulting yourself mate.
>>
I don't know if anyone does what Murakami does better. The main problem with Murakami is that he really only does one thing.

Anyone who thinks he's trash with no depth really isn't a very close reader though. Wind Up Bird Chronicle in particular has more going on than people give it credit for, at least regarding social commentary.
>>
oh wait, different murakami. ah well. but here's some fun for all to read.
"The woman pushed on the baby's stomach and sucked its penis into her mouth; it was thinner than the American menthols she smoked and a bit slimy, like raw fish."
>>
>>7433617
>>7433593
hi, sorry. what i'm asking is if there is an author who does what murakami does, but better, in your opinion?
>>
>>7433454
Murakami's good imo.
>>
>>7433637
Paul Auster's New York Trilogy
>>
>>7433454
kar-wai wong
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.