[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Other fiction like 1984 that deals with mind-control, brainwash,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
Other fiction like 1984 that deals with mind-control, brainwash, and have that overwhelming sense of helplessness? Doesn't necessarily have to be a dystopia or political in general.
>>
Do the Scientology experience.
>>
The Foundation Pit - Andrei Platonov
>>
Huxley's "Brave New World"
>>
>>7432635

That's interesting, I've never thought about the parallels between 1984 and BNW, cheers bro!
>>
>>7432649
>
>>
Child Abuse in the Classroom - Phyllis Schlafly
>>
Clockwork Orange - Burgess
>>
Real life, if you live in a first world country
>>
you're new, lurk more
>>
>>7432920
>1984 is not an instruction manual
*tips*
>>
>>7432529
Darkness at Noon, The Girl Next Door, The Ruins, The Giver
>>
>>7432930
Tell that to the governments of the United States and United Kingdom.

>>7432739
Great novel. Burgess makes a good point and does amazing things with the English language. If you end up liking this one, try "The Clockwork Testament or Enderby's End".
>>
>>7433301
>Tell that to the governments of the United States
I live in NH, the only evidence of govt I see are schools, state liquor stores, traffic enforcement, and road repair.
>>
>>7432930
>not seeing the correlation between the sapir-Whorf hypotheses and modern media
Enjoy your blue pill
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.