[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm at the bar watching a football game and there is seriously
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (58 KB, 500x393) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
58 KB, 500x393
I'm at the bar watching a football game and there is seriously a guy sitting alone at the bar reading Infinite Jest. Not even kidding. He's drinking a LIIT or something.

Should I say something to him? If so what?
>>
>>7430724
Ask him if he's a pleb.
>>
>>7430724
Say
>Why are you all alone?
When he replies, say
>There's something terribly sad and banal about that.
>>
Tell him DFW had no discernable talent.
>>
>>7430732
>discernable
>>
>>7430740
Sorry, I am Lithuanian.
>>
kiss him on the lips
>>
>>7430743
OK but mocking our savior DFW is a criminal offence. Be watchful of your tongue.
>>
People who read meme books in public just want to look smart. Don't fall for the bait, OP.
>>
Congratulate him for embracing new sencerity.
>>
These are all terrible. I'm just going to saddle up beside and say "gay book man".
>>
>>7430724
Slap him on the ass and call him "your property".
>>
Fuck fuck he's leaving hold up
>>
>>7430777
Trips confirm. do this OP
>>
Just say hello, start a conversation and ask if he browses /lit/. What the fuck is wrong with you.
>>
>>7430792

So anyone who reads one of the memes is bound to browse /lit/?
>>
>>7430816
no :(
>>
Spit in his face.
>>
>>7430724
leave the man alone he probly has enough on his mind if he's drinking alone.
>>
Ok guys I chased him out the bar and said I liked DFW on the sidewalk. I've never read infinite jest but I like his essays. He said cool I said yeah man do you live around here etc...we talked for a few said I'd see him around. Possibly will idk.
>>
File: 1447086608500.jpg (25 KB, 463x325) Image search: [Google]
1447086608500.jpg
25 KB, 463x325
>>7430860
>yfw OP just met his future murderer
>>
>>7430860
You should have said in the OP that you wanted to fuck him.
>>
>>7430867
murder by aids that is, op is a fag who just hit on a stranger at a bar
>>
>>7430870
No. I like guys ok but not my type. This dude looked like Ira Glass. back to football now just my updates. Peace out lit.
>>
>>7430879
Dude you just hit on the guy, don't act like you weren't playing shit there.Severity is in the eye of the sufferer.
>>
go up to him and ask who DFW is. if his reply is "He can’t think, he can’t write. There’s no discernible talent.” then you're talking to me.
>>
>>7430860
creep
>>
>>7430743
Are you the tinychat Lithuanian? (I forgot your username).
>>
>>7430885
No I didn't, I just said I like DFW and maybe see you around calm down. Anybody reading in that public a space is begging to be talked to!
>>
>>7431524
>Anybody reading in that public a space is begging to be talked to!

asshole
>>
>>7431532
Why wouldn't you just buy alcohol and read at home if you wanted no one to say anything to you? C'mon man I read in public sometimes and it'd make my day if someone said something. Dude didn't seem to mind at all.
>>
>>7430879
>This dude looked like Ira Glass
You were talking to Jonathan Franzen
>>
>>7430743
Yeah, I'm sorry too
>>
File: ATTENTION GORDON.jpg (49 KB, 470x470) Image search: [Google]
ATTENTION GORDON.jpg
49 KB, 470x470
>>7432533
Infinite Kek, mate
>>
>>7430724
Raise your middle finger at him and start a bar fight. Post response.
>>
>>7430867
I thought according to DFW your murderer is alwyas a woman
>>
>>7431543
>I read in public sometimes and it'd make my day if someone said something
Don't assume that everyone is as pathetic as you. Creep.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.