[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any book similar to this comic?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: comic.jpg (932 KB, 806x4999) Image search: [Google]
comic.jpg
932 KB, 806x4999
Any book similar to this comic?
>>
Naked Lunch
>>
>>7430554
thanks for the comic. style and content reminded me a lot of 'The Prophet'. (There's a dude called John Prophet that this ailing empire clones a fuckton of and shoots off to a billion planets in order to recolonize the galaxy when the empire fails. Story follows the fratricidal arc of these eponymous prophets as they struggle with identity and power in an alien world.)
>>
my journal
>>
Amazing comic. Anything more by the creator? I wonder whether he had concrete inspiration or was just being creative.

>>7430650
Sounds cool, thanks for the rec.
>>
>>7430671
Its by plastic brick automaton, but that is the whole arc
>>
>>7430554
Kafka?
>>
>>7430683
Does he have any more shit like that?

Not necessarily weird for the sake of weird, but unusual + narratively coherent
>>
>>7430554
Remove the middle part and you can probably find some Borges or Poe that has the same vibe.
>>
File: 101.jpg (305 KB, 450x3644) Image search: [Google]
101.jpg
305 KB, 450x3644
From the same author.
/lit/ btfo.
>>
>>7430713
postmodernism isn't remotely related to third wave feminism they're completely different things wtf
>>
>>7430725
what no they aren't you fucking idiot

i've been reading third wave feminist dogshit all afternoon

scott and butler literally mention foucault, derrida, and lacan on the same goddamn page half the time
>>
>>7430554
Heinlein's "All You Zombies" has a similar twist
>>
>>7430733
by that logic anyone who references anything from any movement is a part of that movement
>>
>>7430769
Didn't you know Sam Harris is a Christian? He shouts out the Bible all the time!
>>
>>7430554
i haven o mouth and i must scream
>>
>>7430694
This was his only non-absurd serious comic afaik
>>
>>7430733
if a feminist mentions hamlet, does that mean hamlet is a feminist work?
>>
>>7430554
Lovecraft has loads of stories like this.
>>
File: 54[1].jpg (130 KB, 450x1570) Image search: [Google]
54[1].jpg
130 KB, 450x1570
take this
>>
>>7430554
I'd say Clive Barker if /lit/ agrees to not lynch me.
>>
>>7430554
The manga of Junji Ito is the only thing I can really think of similar to that. Uzumaki (Spiral) is the most famous.
That's the only thing I can think of that's truly similar, but I would say this fits within the genre of "weird fiction" so you should look into that. Jeff VanDermar and his wife put together a real good collection just titled The Weird.

>>7430650
Prophet is the fucking tops, and similarly bizarre. No where near as horrific though.

Reminds me of The Wasp Factory in some weird way as well.

>>7430847
No he doesn't, not really.
>>
>>7431296
this comic is great tbqh
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.