[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Zines
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: draxler-zine-9-620x413[1].jpg (31 KB, 620x413) Image search: [Google]
draxler-zine-9-620x413[1].jpg
31 KB, 620x413
This year I've written a few short stories and I have an opportunity to reserve half a table at a zine fair that is happening in a couple of months.

I've never been to one before but I thought of putting a zine together with some of my short fiction, some illustrations, maybe poems too. I would charge maybe $3 just so the work didn't seem cheapened by a lower price.

Do you think this could be a good idea?
>>
File: Petrified-Zine2-Cover[1].jpg (3 MB, 1222x1596) Image search: [Google]
Petrified-Zine2-Cover[1].jpg
3 MB, 1222x1596
Bump
>>
>>7430527
I think it sounds cool and fun but charging X amount so that work doesn't seem "cheapened" at a fucking zine fair is kinda stupid.
>>
>>7430576
Well, maybe I'm thinking about it wrong, I've never been to one, but basic economics is that if a product is undervalued, nobody will buy it

There's a story about how a business owner left instructions for her employee to heavily discount some artworks that hadn't sold in a long time, but her employee accidentally increased the price by 10, and over the weekend they all sold.
>>
>>7430527
Why do you feel you can charge if essentially youre a nobody and want to get your name out?
>>
>>7430625
One reason is that if you give things to strangers for free, people are automatically suspicious of your intentions

I could possibly charge a nominal fee instead like 50 cents
>>
>>7430644
What about if its online and free? I wanted to release a collection of flash fiction soon but i wouldn't feel right charging
>>
Charge the full 3 dolla. People will be intrigued. I approve.
>>
Well, my reservation's been approved so I guess I gotta get to work finishing the damn thing
>>
>>7430527
Yes do it. Zines are huge again in the underground. People will def check you out. There is so much material out there and everyone is buying. It is kind of ridiculous but opportunistic. Probably a great place to start if youre looking to get published. Network with folks and see what they can offer.
>>
>>7431713
Thanks so much for your reply. Only 2 months now to get my act together but I am determined.
>>
>>7430625
It's still their choice to buy it
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.