[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Knights and Chivalry
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: 340_knight-006.jpg (54 KB, 340x621) Image search: [Google]
340_knight-006.jpg
54 KB, 340x621
So, I finished reading Ivanhoe, and I quite enjoyed it (Even if it is too bad he had to choose boring Rowena over delicious Rebecca).

I'm in the mood for more knights and chivalry.

What other books should I read? Also, is there any book that serves as manual for knights? Some sort of western Hagakure?
>>
>>7429822
Don Quijote tbqh
>>
The Wizard Knight drew a lot from Arthurian myth, you may find it interesting.
>>
>>7429822
Le morte d'arthur is literally THE medieval chivalry book.

The Once and Future King is a comfy,fun retelling of it.
>>
>>7429822
If you want to see a medieval work that shows how the whole system can fall apart with a healthy amount of Germanic flavoring thrown in, I recommend reading Das Nibelungenlied.
>>
>>7429826
>>7429828
>>7429829
>>7429839

Thank you for all your suggestions. That will keep me occupied on the cold winter nights.
>>
>>7429829
>comfy, fun
Maybe until the second book.
>>
>>7429822
try out Janos Vitez, it's a hungarian epoch you can get for free online.
>>
File: chretien.jpg (144 KB, 321x500) Image search: [Google]
chretien.jpg
144 KB, 321x500
>7429828
I think you misspelled The collected Chretien de Troyes.
>>
aye, was wondering if there is any recommendation for books that is similar to dark souls trilogy? I'm stunned by the way the plot progress and would deeply love to hear any tips.

Best regards Bob
>>
>>7430028
Look at the Eddas.
>>
>>7430028

Dark Souls has no plot, it just has arbitrary lore that lorefags blew out of proportion with their theories
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.