[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I want to get into Evola. Where should I start? Any philosophers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: my body is ready.png (211 KB, 407x339) Image search: [Google]
my body is ready.png
211 KB, 407x339
I want to get into Evola.

Where should I start? Any philosophers I should read beforehand?
>>
>>7428938
The Greeks.
>>
>>7428938
DFW
>>
File: bruce.gif (2 MB, 414x236) Image search: [Google]
bruce.gif
2 MB, 414x236
bruce lee
>>
File: stirner (9).jpg (6 KB, 200x237) Image search: [Google]
stirner (9).jpg
6 KB, 200x237
>super cool mystic magic nazi man will totally make me feel better about myself

pic related what you really need OP
>>
>>7428942
>>7428947
>>7428950
nice memes

>>7428957
Already read Ego and its own. I'm not really trying to "feel better about myself", I'm just interested in New Right philosophy/literature.
>>
>>7428972
then read New Right literature not Evola lmao
>>
File: 1441570773829.png (273 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
1441570773829.png
273 KB, 450x450
>>7428972
this sentence;

"pussy, money, weed"
>>
>>7428977
...but Evola influenced the New Right. That's why I'm interested in reading him.

>>7428981

>"pussy, money, weed"

Already got enough of each
>>
>>7428995
>...but Evola influenced the New Right
not really
>>
>>7428999
The contemporary neo-fascist, reactionary, traditionalist, etc far-right movement borrows heavily from Evola. Maybe not the American New Right, but definitely the European.
>>
>>7428999
Evola definitely influenced Benoist at least
>>
>>7429009
in what ways specifically
>>
>>7429059
here you go - "Myth and Violence: The Fascism of Julius Evola and Alain de Benoist":

http://www.jstor.org/stable/40970798
>>
b-bump?
>>
>>7429352
>eurofascism
This guy is good at coming up with new epithets against his opponents. Guilt by association might be an effective power strategy, but it is not a good method if one really wants to understand an ideology.
>>
>>7429009
well they certainly are retarded like him. the guy paralyzed himself for god's sake
>>
>>7430238

to basement dwelling reactionaries that story sounds badass and manly as fuck. just let them have their fun. if they ever slip up and reveal their beliefs in real life they'll most likely lose all their friends and get beat up by a bunch of commies.
>>
Where you start will depend on what part of his work you are most interested in. He wrote on many subjects, inclunding philosophy (though those books are very very rare), politics, and, mostly, religion/esotericism/myth.

The safest place to start would be Revolt Against the Modern World. That's his main work. For more politiccs, read Men Among the Ruins and Pagan Imperialism (if you can manage to find the latter). If you like the spiritual aspect more, pick one of his many books on specific subjects. They are all very good, especially his book on Alchemy (Jung said it was one of finest book ever written on subject).

I would recommend not bothering with Ride the Tiger until you have a good grasp of his ideas, because the point of the book will fly way over your head if you read it early like many advise to do.

Also, The Path of Cinnabar, his autobiography, is excellent, and clarifies a lot of things about his other books.

Hope this helps
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.