[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you consciously find yourself unable to genuinely take up
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: 1447969058604.jpg (487 KB, 940x2296) Image search: [Google]
1447969058604.jpg
487 KB, 940x2296
Do you consciously find yourself unable to genuinely take up a cause? To be unwilling to declare a fixed idea as 'the right way' because you're not convinced such a thing exists.

Is this that apathetic bourgeoisie attitude that revolutionaries hate?
>>
shut up you whiney little fuck
>>
>>7428362
Where's the complaining?
>>
>>7428363
Your father was talking about your life in general, but now that you mention it this OP post is pretty loaded and whiny as well
>>
File: wew.jpg (103 KB, 1500x841) Image search: [Google]
wew.jpg
103 KB, 1500x841
>>7428382
>Your father was talking about your life in general
>>
File: LEAGUE O MY EGO.jpg (66 KB, 500x225) Image search: [Google]
LEAGUE O MY EGO.jpg
66 KB, 500x225
No.
>>
>>7428389
But Stirner can't genuinely take up a cause or declare a fixed idea as the right way
>>
OP it is not apathetic not to take up a cause, but it would probably be a good idea for you to address whatever cognitive dissonance inspired you to inflict this thread on /lit/ nonetheless.

better yet: >>>his
>>
>>7428404
I meant >>>/his/ I really want you to seek help with your problem
>>
File: busmalis.jpg (105 KB, 826x859) Image search: [Google]
busmalis.jpg
105 KB, 826x859
>>7428405
>directing ANYONE to /his/ for their wellbeing

I mean you can tell them to fuck off there but let's be realistic
>>
>>7428354
Yup, definitely. I blame it on going to university- my main takeaway from studying history was that nothing's certain. The resulting lack of political ideals and action does indeed seem to fit me very conveniently into the capitalist system, but it's hard to know how to move from scepticism to... anything else.
>>
>>7428354
apathy is your cause you moron. youre a mental sloth and skepticism without principles may as well be called vanity. do some critical thinking
>>
But you're in good company!

Nietzsche:

>Wir würden uns für unsere Meinungen nicht verbrennen lassen: wir sind ihrer nicht so sicher. Aber vielleicht dafür, dass wir unsere Meinungen haben dürfen und ändern dürfen.

>We wouldn't let ourselves get burned for our opinions: we aren't that sure of them. But maybe we would allow it for being allowed to have opinions, or for being allowed to change them.
>>
>>7428437
So if I were a Libertarian or held some other cause I would be a modest and critical thinker?
>>
>>7428440
Is that really the translation? I'm not sure it's getting the intended message across.
>>
>>7428440
At first read I thought Nietzsche was being critical of those who are unsure of their opinions, but now I see it the other way.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.