[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this real? Are stories of Warhammer basically just written
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: grimdarkgrimdark.jpg (102 KB, 620x744) Image search: [Google]
grimdarkgrimdark.jpg
102 KB, 620x744
Is this real? Are stories of Warhammer basically just written about warp travel because it does at least seem somewhat interesting, even though they stole this from Event Horizon.

This seems like bullshit to me though. How can Fucking crews sustain these sort of losses!? Why would they ever make warp attempts?
>>
>>>reddit
>>
Because they're slavishly devoted to their God-Emperor and have to defend their large space empire.

I used to love W40k fiction when I was a kid but I never read the novels, just the stuff that came in the magazines and codexes. I wouldn't mind reading about space crusades and orbital bombardments and mutants again.

What are some good military SF books preferably series, that aren't 40k? I've turned over enough shekels into the hands of games workshop.
>>
>>7427684
>trying to troll 40kids on /lit/

>>>/tg/
>>
you forgot the psychic beacon and the test of faith part
>>
>>7427684
Edgy
>>
>>7427684
>even though they stole this from Event Horizon
>warhammer 40k came out a decade before that shitty movie

>How can Fucking crews sustain these sort of losses!?
They don't jump every day plus they have births and thousands of planets to get more people from.

>Why would they ever make warp attempts
To cross the gigantic gulfs of space which would take thousands of years to otherwise travel?
>>
It's exaggerated, especially the death of the crew which is just a joke that 40K dudes are blase about death and massive losses, but yes:
>warp is incredibly dangerous, if the gellar field (no one knows how it works) fails (which it does sometimes), you're basically just a sitting duck in the middle of hell itself
>navigating it is incredibly unreliable because it is so turbulent and murky from all the psychic background radiation that fucked it up over tens of thousands of years
>time is weird, you can and arrive at your destination way later than you thought, or before you left, etc.

The latter happened in a Star Trek episode with Kelsey Grammer
>>
>>7427768
Gandalf was a total rip-off of Obi-Wan Kenobi.
>>
>>7427684
>Is this real?
No. It happens sometimes, but is far from being the standard in Warp travel.
Replacing the regular crew losses is easy though, considering that there's at least a trillion soldiers at any time in the Imperial Guard. Replacing Astropaths is harder.
>>
>>7427684
>>>/tg/
>>
>>7427684
>even though they stole this from Event Horizon.

What?
>>
>>7428967
You know, Event Horizon, the film that came out 10 years after WH40k started. Obviously they used the warp to go back in time and steal the idea.
>>
Are some of the Daemons weak kind of like that one in Ash vs. Evil Dead?
>>
Isnt the idea of hyperspace leading to a hell-like demention from an even earlier Sci-Fi book or movie? I wouldnt trust 40k to have a truly original idea desu
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.