[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
any books similar to snowpiercer?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: 15SNOWPIERCER2-jumbo.jpg (157 KB, 1024x681) Image search: [Google]
15SNOWPIERCER2-jumbo.jpg
157 KB, 1024x681
any books similar to snowpiercer?
>>
communist manifesto
>>
>>7426030
Gree, maybe The Revolution Betrayed, you know, the book the movie was based on.
>>
Metro 2033
>>
>>7426030
shit smeared on toilet paper is the closest thing to a book similar to snowpiercer you will ever find
>>
Memes aside, is this movie worth watching? Sounds like it has potential but I don't know anybody who's seen it.
>>
>>7426109
I saw it on a flight from the UK to the US and thought it was afwul, but I couldn't really see/hear it entirely.

Sorry, incredibly vague, but if no one else responds there you go.
>>
>>7426109
No. It is a pile of pretentious and very forced bullshit. I'm continually baffled that people who review movies for a living give it praise.

I'm convinced that everyone that enjoyed this movie hasn't watched a lot of films or they think because they "understand" what an allegory is that it makes them smart and consequently makes the movie smart.

You know that your movie is shit when "it's an allegory, bro" is the main argument for any of the hundred issues in the movie. (and this isn't me arguing against about the impracticality of the train, it's an accumulation of smaller, scene-by-scene issues)

I will say that it's at least got good technical work and is aesthetically pleasing.
>>
Considering it is Hunger Games on a Train and without the games, Hunger Games. This is something that tries to invite an audience of morons into adapting the posture of intellectuals. Kind of like Inception, but really really shitty and transparent.
>>
>>7426030
High-Rise by Ballard is amazing. The film that's coming out next year is really really good too.
>>
>>7426109

it was pretty good. it moves pretty quickly. the fights are good. the whole thing is a metaphor about the rich shitting on the poor to live and you either, you know, become the villain you rage against or elect not to play the game at all.

good fight scenes. also ed harris' like concubine or whatever is a qt
>>
>>7426109
It's an extremely shitty movie, in ways you can only appreciate by watching it yourself.
>>
>>7426109
It's silly but fun. I enjoyed the Terry-Gilliam-makes-an-action-movie atmosphere.
>>
>>7426109
In a word: no. In several words: >>7428755
>>
>>7426349
>The film that's coming out next year is really really good too.
how could you possibly know that?
>>
>>7428797
Anon may have seen it at a festival, or it may have leaked from a festival.
>>
I've read the comic book it's based on and it's quite good. Can't really remember the movie altough I knew some guys in film school who had to analyse a fight scene about it.
>>
any films that unapologetically advocate for aristocracy and class division?
pretty tired of these impotent revolution fantasies (of course produced by the very people who have destroyed any revolutionary sentiment)
>>
>>7428866
All of the biggest film producing sectors exist in countries built on tearing down those two things. If you find such a film, it will be underfunded and indie as fuck.
>>
>>7428797
Yeah I saw it at a festival. It captured the book perfectly and is probably Ben Wheatley's best film.
>>
>>7428866
The Batman Trilogy by Nolan
>>
>>7426030
I think if you liked that movie you would like The Scar by China Meilleivildlillle
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.