[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does the physical location of a writer effect the quality of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: Center_of_Rovaniemi.jpg (225 KB, 1239x830) Image search: [Google]
Center_of_Rovaniemi.jpg
225 KB, 1239x830
Does the physical location of a writer effect the quality of what that writer will create?

Will someone living in Springfield, Illinois be able to write as well as someone living in Rovaniemi, Lapland?
>>
>>7424066
why not

intellectual curiosity and one's own memories and experiences are a larger factor than current physical location, i like to believe

although traveling is good for these things, i think it's more to explore the world and build your internal language than finding some ideal spot for writing that probably doesn't exist
>>
Affect.

faggot ass niger
>>
>Does the physical location of a writer effect the quality of what that writer will create?
possibly. Location affects your education, experiences, and culture which influences a lot of how you perceive the world.That is all to say this isn't particularly true if you are more curious than others in your area and read,travel, etc.
>Will someone living in Springfield, Illinois be able to write as well as someone living in Rovaniemi, Lapland?
that is dependent on the person.
>>
>>7424066
According to nietzsche, yes
>>
File: 1447420734728.png (333 KB, 579x568) Image search: [Google]
1447420734728.png
333 KB, 579x568
Yes, pretty much it goes like this
>colder climates =better literature and science
>warmer climates = better food
>>
>>7424066
yeah sometimes can't write because it's so cold out
>>
>>7424066
I think so. The environment is determinant. As an example, just realize that warmer places on the earth have higher rates of criminality.
Also, if I have cold, I can think better, but I prefer to keep warm at home. In spring I'm melancholic, In summer I think worse, but I'm more active.
>>
Compare James M. Cain's LA work to his Baltimore work. I'd say there was a bit of an influence
>>
There's a reason why nigger tier countries like Ireland and never made anything literary, and it's determined not by location, but something that rhymes with jeans...
>>
File: james-joyce.jpg (177 KB, 900x920) Image search: [Google]
james-joyce.jpg
177 KB, 900x920
>>7425840
>>
>>7425852
Execution that makes the rule
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.