[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hyperbolic Parody is the successor to Postmodernism.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
Hyperbolic Parody is the successor to Postmodernism.
>>
Stop shilling this crap.

>>>/v/
>>
Things that make you say hmmm
>>
>>7423616
Bullshit. Cornball Reconstruction is the true successor.
>>
>>7423617
Listen man, I'm going to project a false aura of post-ironic arrogance to be funny and quite frankly there's nothing you can do to stop me.
>>
>>7423616
>implying a binary, that the former is not nested within the latter.
>implying post-modernism is some kind of constructed thing, rather than a natural progression since the Industrial Rev.
>>
>>7423637
>implying you know what you're saying
>>
it's not called postmodern anymore, it's called 'meta' get with the times gramps
>>
File: 1415175707843.png (327 KB, 587x518) Image search: [Google]
1415175707843.png
327 KB, 587x518
>he thinks parody can express real emotion
>he thinks parody is real literature
>>
>>7423872
>he thinks parody isn't a valid form of expression
>>
>>7423872
Exaggerated parody only amplifies sincerity.

>>7423855
He's sort of right. Hyperbole is a staple of parody, but only when you magnify the surrealism of your arguments is it a new thing entirely.
>>
Charls is very handsome, I'd let him fuck my boipussy
>>
hyperbolic parody IS postmodernism. Then again postmodernism was just an exaggerated form of modernism itself.
>>
Hyperbolic parody has been around since antiquity
>>
>>7426287
>hyperbolic parody is postmodernism
tru
>postmodernism was just an exaggerated form of modernism itself
are you retarded?
>>
>>7423616
Goddamn Sam Hyde is such a tryhard faggot. Regurgitating memes from /pol/ is not a comedy routine, you talentless loser. Anyone who looks up to this imbecile should watch the videos where he's interacting with his mother and rethink their lives.
>>
>>7423616
is that that British guy from litchat?
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.