[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who's hyped? http://www.newsweek.com/cormac-mcca rthy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: 26-mccarthy.jpg (18 KB, 259x350) Image search: [Google]
26-mccarthy.jpg
18 KB, 259x350
Who's hyped?

http://www.newsweek.com/cormac-mccarthy-new-book-363027
>>
me
>>
By the same person who's last work was the screenplay for the counselor?

Sign me the fuck up!
>>
Hopefully I can finish all of his novels before then.

>>7423403
>he didn't like The Counselor
>>
>>7423371
I was until I saw this:

"according to Krakauer The Passenger will place science in the foreground. “It's everywhere,” he says. Just as the author went through an “Appalachian phase” and a “Southwest phase”—the terms used by scholars to describe his early and middle works—Krakauer says the new book is going to be “full-blown Cormac 3.0—a mathematical [and] analytical novel.”"

this is gonna be his "A Fable" baka
>>
Finally, something fresh to troll about. "Muh violence" was really wearing thin.
>>
>>7423371

>one of the greatest prose writers still going completely changing up style and topic

Moderately hyped. Might even blind buy this.
>>
>>7423427
he's pandering to redditors
>>
>>7423371

I remember reading somewhere about McCarthy working on a really long novel, is this it?
>>
On board until proven otherwise. Hasn't he been basically living in some kind of STEM think tank in arizona of some such>
>>
>>7423467
nope, he's just friends with a bunch of scientists.
>>
>Mary Sue commits suicide because muh burden of genius
>300 pages of bloated pontificating about math, nature, their relation to human condition, blah, blah
>book's presentation event sounds like an absurdly pretentious freakshow
it's gonna be another Whales and Men
>>
File: georgelaughing.jpg (12 KB, 356x496) Image search: [Google]
georgelaughing.jpg
12 KB, 356x496
> Corncob McCrappy tries his hand at Pynchonian post-modernism and female characters
>>
>le stem novel that defies categorization
I won't be buying this on release.
>>
oh boy another thing for James franco to make a movie out of to show us how smart he is.
>>
>>7423371
Now I am.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.