[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Camus
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: Albert Camus.jpg (15 KB, 537x360) Image search: [Google]
Albert Camus.jpg
15 KB, 537x360
Hey /lit/, what do you think of this man? A friend got me The Stranger for my birthday, but I haven't had the time to read it yet. I was thinking of getting some of his other books during Bookdepository's Christmas discounts, but I'm not sure which ones to get first.

Care to share some thoughts on his works besides The Stranger?
>>
Hey /lit/, when you masturbate to pics of Camus, do you do it violently or gently?
>>
>>7421983
The Plague is great
>>
>>7421987
I do not masturbate to dear Albert violently, the motion would be too much for my fragile penis; but I do not strangle the snake gently either - such a movement is too little in terms of excitement.

What I am left with is a paradox. Blasting a cumrock seems to the face of the father of Absurdism seems to lack all kind of clear didactic notions on how one "ought" to jack it - yet I am possessed always by the desire and fervent urge to plug my python. This paradox needs not be the end, however, of our jerk off. Rather we can rebel against such a grim prognosis on the arbitrary nature of me cumming to torrented pictures of dead philosophers; for in the eternal rolling of a wrist, I can imagine Camus happy. And I suppose that's enough for me to really blow my load, to truly make a mess out of my pants.
>>
>>7421983
>The Stranger
>but I haven't had the time to read it yet
Dude, the book is like a 4 hour read tops, and I am a slow reader. Go read that shit now before you make another post.
>>
>>7421987
>>7422020
Wew lad.

>>7421989
Thanks. What about his other stuff?

>>7422055
I would, but l'm in the middle of Suttree and Great Expecations.

Need to finish up first.
>>
>>7422076
That's it for his fiction really.

Read the Myth of Sysiphys after (which are his philosophical essays) and then The Rebel or The Fall.
>>
>>7422076
Ok, those are acceptable excuses for not reading something; reading something else.
>>
>>7422076
Then why don't you read those books and then read Camus and then make a thread about him you fucking retard.
>>
>>7422084
Thanks bud. What about Exile and the Kingdom? And the two posthumous books? I want to read it all eventually, but l'd rather not spend 60 Euros right now.

What should l prioritize?
>>
>>7421983
Is absurdism a philosophically superifical idea /lit/?

Is there something wrong with it's base premise?

Where would you move on, from the absurdist paradox that "life is objectively meaningless but subjectively meaningful"?
>>
>>7422098
M8, that's why l mentioned the sales. I'm interested in his works, but l'm strapped for cash.
>>
>>7422103
The First Man is one of the most beautiful books I've read. prioritize it.
>>
>>7422110
we won't do your homework anon.
>>
I'm reading The Myth of Sisyphus and I'm liking it so far.
>>
>>7422122
I've read The Plague. The Stranger and The Myth of Sisyphus, alongside Sartre's plays and most of Kierkergaard's work. I was just interested in hearing some discussion before my Oxford interview.
>>
I've recently become interested in existentialism. I friend told me that they only reason he believes in God is because he's afraid that if he doesn't he won't have anything to live for and will commit suicide. I noticed that I didn't have a meaning myself, but I didn't feel bad about it, it felt kinda good.

Besides Camus, what are some other existentialists you recommend I read?
>>
>>7421983
Isn't this the dyke that wrote the James Bond books?
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.