[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wittgenstein asks Russel : Will you tell me wether I am or not
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: ludwig.jpg (124 KB, 670x400) Image search: [Google]
ludwig.jpg
124 KB, 670x400
Wittgenstein asks Russel : Will you tell me wether I am or not a complete idiot. If I am, I shall become an aeronaut. But if I am not, I shall become a philosopher.

Russel tells young Ludwig to write a paper on the topic of his choice during the holidays.

After having read a single sentence, Russel says : "No. You must not become an aeronaut."

Do you think Wittgenstein would have ever became an aeronaut ?
>>
>>7421915
Mildly amusing. Have a (you).
>>
>>7421931
I didn't make this up.

youtube.com/watch?v=cFXWKEc84ew
>>
>>7421915
The fuck was that one sentence
>>
>>7421939
Really disappointed with his voice. 4/10
>>
>>7421968
He sounds like some kind of enlightened enuch Gandalf to me.
>>
>>7421968
Thank you for your contribution to my thread.
>>
>>7421974
You're welcome. Feel free to suck my penis if you're ever in Boden.
>>
>>7421982
No continentals allowed, sorry.
>>
>>7421991
>Sweden
>Continental
>>
>>7421956
The title.
>Why Bertrand Russel is full of shit
>>
>>7421956
Logic is the greatest thing ever and if I could have logic-sex I would.
>>
>>7422015
Fuck yeah logic
>>
>>7421968

It's like you don't realize what happens to a man's voice by the time he reaches 90...
>>
>>7422114
Was he this old ?
>>
>>7422153

Yes
>>
File: wittgenstein-aero-engine.jpg (47 KB, 219x567) Image search: [Google]
wittgenstein-aero-engine.jpg
47 KB, 219x567
>>7421915
He certainly could have become an aeronautical engineer. He held a patent for a propellor that he designed while studying in Manchester.
>>
>>7422617
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1186&v=hEPcQ6sIOTY

I just watched this shit
I never thought of Wittgenstein this way, it's actually inspiring and critical of the world. It's like some Nietzche level understanding of the world if you think about it, but wrote in a much more compact and obscure way.
I got a new idea to write an essay.
>>
>>7422802
This a good channel to follow?
>>
>>7422617
It wasn't very good at what it was designed for.
>>
>>7422815
Can you explain why? I don't understand engineering stuff.
>>
That of which we cannot speak we must aeronaut.
>>
>>7422802
What an awful ideologisation of Wittgenstein.
>>
What was the sentence he read?
>>
>>7423045
>This envelope contains a check for 100,000 pounds
>>
>>7423062
I laughed.
>>
>>7422931
based on...?
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.