[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/comfy/ general
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1
File: tumblr_niyhuzY2XM1qznmazo1_1280.jpg (171 KB, 1280x854) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_niyhuzY2XM1qznmazo1_1280.jpg
171 KB, 1280x854
How's /lit/ doing this morning?
I've been up since very early this morning reading A Scanner Darkly by Philip K. Dick. Just finished it a few minutes ago and might start Flow My Tears, The Policeman Said in a little while.
What's everyone eating/drinking for breakfast? I'm about to make a cup of coffee with cream and sugar and maybe have some Shreddies.
What's everyone doing? I'm going to be looking for work for most of the morning, and after that maybe do something like watch a movie. I was thinking of The Lord of the Rings trilogy. That will probably take me until bedtime.
What are you reading currently? Aside from just finishing A Scanner Darkly, I'm also reading If on a winter's night a traveler.
How comfy are you right now? The sun is rising and it's raining outside. Lying on the couch in the soft light of a lamp, having just read a book. I'd say a solid 8/10 best new comfy. What about you?
>>
It's summer down here so it's supposed to be scorching hot, but for some reason it's a nice rainy weather today.
>>
>>7420410
Buenos Aires?
>>
>>7420413
Rio.
>>
>>7420405
There's a cold front in Tennessee, so I'm stuck indoors. At least up north, in 'sconnie, there's snow, which seemingly justifies the cold, but here the cold is just unexpected and depressing.
>>
>>7420405

Dear diary...
>>
>>7420405
>muh stoner novel
>muh sci fi
I wish I was 15 as well, OP
>>
>>7420437
Just looked up the weather in Tennessee. It's not even cold. Perfect temperature for drinking coffee in a sweater on the porch reading a book.

t. Canada
>>
>>7420472
39° is pretty cold without even the slightest winter clothing.
>>
>>7420477
I'm just teasing, that is cold relative to your average. I'm pretty pissed when it gets above 75-80℉ here.
>>
It's the last day of dead week at my uni but this one hasn't been very stressful. Didn't feel like going to my first class and my second was cancelled so I'm sitting in the middle of campus with some coffee about to continue The Count of Monte Cristo. It's fairly cold outside (for Atlanta) but it's also sunny so it's looking to be a good day.
>>
>>7420437
Wisconsin here
No snow
Not that cold
????
>>
>>7420485
I feel ya. I used to live in the coldest part of Wisconsin, so, when I have the clothing for it, I don't mind the cold too much.
>>7420561
Where about? My family in Wausau says that it's been on and off snow wise, but Rib Mountain is nice and snowy for skiing.
>>
>>7420599
Milwaukee. From the southern part of the state anyway so I don't ever see as much snow as people up in Wausau would. Ever been to Granite Peak? Went snowboarding there once, nice place.
Today is 45°F and sunny. Woke up late for work, came in to the office 45 minutes after I'm scheduled to start and made some coffee, and now I'm reading the news and 4chan while eating a donut and putting off my daily duties. Medium comfy would rather be reading a book
>>
>>7420599
>>7420628
Didn't think about it when asking, but is Rib Mountain Granite Peak? Did I sound like a fool with that question?
>>
>>7420405
It's about 5:00 and pitch black. I've just read the first 100 pages of After Virtue (great book) and went out to get Mere Christianity from the bookstore down the road; there's this cute chick who works there, which is enough for me to sort of get excited about because most girls I know are intellectually stunted Chelsea socialites.

Not sure if I should continue MacIntyre or get into some Lewis. Trying to cut down on coffee, because I have no weed left to get me to sleep. My dog's dying and he smells just terrible - I really should care about it more but, I've grown to dislike the fucker somehow. Pretty awful I know, not getting a pet again for a while.
>>
>>7420628
Yeah, granite peak is really nice: the best place to ski in that region of the country. They're so supposed to be making some new slopes soon, and there is talk of turning it into a resort.
>>7420632
Yes, granite peak is rib mountain.
>>
Lying in bed, probably gonna read some more Neuromancer. It's 10amhere senpai and pouring rain. Have math at 2 so I have time to kill. Nothing like a rainy Vancouver winter
>>
Gonna finish up The Master and Margarita later tonight. It's good and seems ahead of it's time, but it might have been over-hyped on me or something because I wouldn't put it among the best books ever like people make it out to be.
>>
>>7420437
West, Middle, or East TN? I'm from East but I'm at uni in Middle right now and it's cold as fuck.
>>
>>7420761
If you're ever up in WI to ski/snowboard and want somewhere different, Tyrol Basin (Mt. Horeb, close to Madison) has a really nice park setup (if you're into that) and decent slopes and Devil's Head (by the Dells) has really nice, long runs
>>
>>7420882
Middle: Spring Hill, to be specific.
>>7421046
Thanks, anon. If I ever make my way to those areas, I'll definitely check them out.
>>
Ulysses.
It makes me feel dumb but I slowly grasp what's going on.
>>
Just got out of class. Hung posters up for my residents, and now I'll probably continue on the Aeneid. I'm stuck in the building all weekend so I'll probably be able to finish it. Pretty comfy, it's chilly out, but my room is toasty and I have thick socks on. My saucer chair is pretty cozy with a blanket
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.