[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was Foucault a closeted heterosexual?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: 241.jpg (23 KB, 523x432) Image search: [Google]
241.jpg
23 KB, 523x432
Scruton says that he confessed to him about lusting after a member of the female sex. Scruton was a conservative, and Foucault was an absolute madman, so it's possible he was trying to slander him for philosophical purposes. But at the same time, lust for females is a reoccurring subject in Foucault''s work, and we're all probably familiar with the infamous chapter in "Ars Erotica".

One account of this is mentioned in one of Foucault's biographies. If I recall correctly, so the story goes, there was a buxom female Maoist (I believe D cup or somewhere in that size range) who was being sexually frustrated by her husband or lover, and Foucault wrote an article on her behalf that led to the girl being satisfied. Some time afterward, he saw her at a riot and told her she should liberate herself from monogamy, and well, you can guess the rest. Later, he calls on Scruton, who I believe was a bitter enemy of his at the time, to come to his house and he confesses all this to him. Scruton was disgusted, and when Foucault saw the look on his face, he said something like "you cannot possibly be attracted to me less than I am attracted to men!" From what I remember, the biographer seemed to believe this confession took place but thought Foucault was lying about it because of some weird power complex he has, which seems like a stretch to me. I don't know whether or not he actually confessed this to Scruton, but if he did, I'm inclined to believe he was telling the truth. I mean, who the fuck lies about being straight?

Another thing... I recognize this has a lot less credibility, but probably like 6 or 7 years ago, I read a post on reddit from some guy claiming to be in contact with people from Sartre's estate and supposedly they had letters or diaries backing up the claim that he thought women were intoxicating. According to him, Foucault had some weird belief that having sex with women "satiated" him in some way. I assumed this guy was lying, but the only reason I didn't totally write him off is because when I messaged him for more info, he sent me a link to a translated version of some French website where Simon de Beauvoir (1st ever female French existentialist, who supposedly rejected a marriage proposal by Sartre) claims he talked about it at a protest. This sounds like a very strange thing to do, but at the time, lusting after women wasn't viewed the same as it is today in with the left, and in particular, sex with someone from a lower age wouldn't have been viewed as harshly (see the depiction of a handjob of the bum by a female, a playful girl, in "The History of Sexuality"), so a bunch of frogs/continentals talking about this at a protest wouldn't have been that unusual given their value system.

What do you guys think? Have you heard anything about this?
>>
>>7419279
Why are there like ten of these threads about secret confessions every day?
>>
>>7419279
lol xD

do hegel, zizek, and marx next :3
>>
he would have been a bisex like every other frenchfag in existence ever. what's the big fucking deal?
>>
so aidsman was a total nutcase and a pathological liar? what a surprising revelation.
>>
>>7419279
SCRUTON
C
R
U
T
O
N

Wish more people on /lit/ knew about the chap.
>>
>>7419279
post-war French culture
>>
>he actually got aids trying to hide his sexuality

what a madman
>>
File: PutinCookie.jpg (151 KB, 500x348) Image search: [Google]
PutinCookie.jpg
151 KB, 500x348
>>7420306
This.
>>
>>7419286

Hegel
> Napoleon's pen name.

Zizek
> is buddhist

Marx
> was a trust fund baby
>>
I'm pretty sure Foucault was openly gay.
>>
>>7422563
learn to fucking read u filthy nigger
>>
>>7422563
Someone is a fucking retard. You're being an idiot twice with just a one-sentence post.
>>
>>7420306
>SCRUTON
who?
>>
>>7423988

SCRUTON
C
R
U
T
O
N
>>
File: 1424120286248.jpg (194 KB, 1440x810) Image search: [Google]
1424120286248.jpg
194 KB, 1440x810
>>7419279
>Scruton and Foucault in one meme

This is too much.
>>
File: 1449125025503.jpg (55 KB, 600x479) Image search: [Google]
1449125025503.jpg
55 KB, 600x479
Foucault is the quintessence of corrupted intelligence for the rationalization of perversion. It's embarrassing really, imagining him in those musky bath houses getting whipped by pic related
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.