[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wow, this guy is great, I dont know why he gets ignored so much
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: Albert-Camus-74_lg[1].jpg (160 KB, 1321x900) Image search: [Google]
Albert-Camus-74_lg[1].jpg
160 KB, 1321x900
Wow, this guy is great, I dont know why he gets ignored so much hear.
Can somebody recommend me some more pieces of African literature ?
>>
he gets ignored because he's accessible.
>>
>>7419232
Im reading the the Myth of Sisyphus right now, and I really dont think it is much more accessible than many of the other authors that get talked about here.
He's constantly referencing Kierkegaard and others that you have to have read as a prereq to his books
>>
>>7419232
It's this.

"The Fall" is a magnificent work and a few of his plays are nice achievements, but they're ultimately too simple to understand so not "real" philosophy, or something, whatever.
>>
>>7419232
>>7419235
>>7419242
Imagine if he didn't die so young /lit/ (in the most absurd circumstance).

He strikes me as someone who was modest and genuine enough to really continue learning and improving his mind truly - he could have written something unbelievable.
>>
>>7419232
He gets ignored because he didn't read any of the people he critiques.
>>
>>7421044
He gets ignored because people are intimidated by his good looks.
>>
>>7421054
>>7421044
>>7419232
>>7419242
He doesn't get ignored
>>
>>7419229
Camus is truly the pinnacle of African lit, but Althusser is pretty good too as far as African philosophy goes
>>
>>7419229
Camus is honestly a shit writer. The French existentialists should stick to writing essays instead of fiction used to push philosophical ideas. How can we call it art when it's nothing more than a vessel for ideology. Where is the beauty in that?
>>
>>7421091
All art is a vessel for ideology dipshit
>>
>>7421093
No, fuck you. This shit is overt and devoid of any artistic beauty. Do you think Joyce wrote Ulysses to push an ideology? What about Shakespeare writing Hamlet?
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.