[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I want to get a qt girl a present for Christmas who's super
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: 1446484920449.png (813 KB, 624x663) Image search: [Google]
1446484920449.png
813 KB, 624x663
I want to get a qt girl a present for Christmas who's super into DFW and getting into New Sincerity. I'm pretty sure she has every DFW book, so my plan of getting her a book by DFW is out.

I'm thinking instead of getting her a book apart of the New Sincerity movement. She said that once she wanted to write a great New Sincerity novel from a female perspective, so maybe I was thinking of getting her "selected unpublished blog posts of a mexican panda express employee" by Megan Boyle. But I feel like there are better New Sincerity books by female authors out there. Does /lit/ have any suggestions on that front?

If not, then maybe I was thinking of getting a book by Jonathan Frazen or maybe Tao Lin. What are some good New Sincerity books that aren't by DFW?

thanks senpaitachi (family)
>>
>>7418747

The author you're looking for is Zadie Smith.
>>
>>7418748
Yeah White Teeth is kinda quintessential
>>
>>7418748
/thread
>>
>selected unpublished blog posts of a mexican panda express employee

>mi poptart es su poptart, homeslice.
New Sincerity is bullshit made up by ironic hipsters who can't feel the difference between being deadpan in their irony and actually being sincere. They sicken me. It's all fake.
>>
my that's a rare dfw
>>
>>7418764
His lips look so luscious there
>>
dfw isnĀ“t new sincerity

thanks.
>>
Get her some of Bloom's critiques.
Once she stops with the nonsense that is DFW you should pick her up some DeLillo
>>
give her a torn piece of paper with the /lit/ URL scribbled on it
>>
>>7418747
Infinite Jest.
>>
>>7418747
>I want to get a qt girl a present for Christmas
Why?
>>
>>7420099
He's spooked beyond hope
>>
Buying presents for anyone other than your mother, your girlfriend and your kids/grandkids if you have any is betamax.
>>
>>7420132
What's wrong with buying presents for your dad ans siblings?
>>
>>7420137
You should only get presents for siblings if it is your sister and you are banging her
t. Holden
>>
>>7420137
I've never met a man who gives a shit about receiving presents. It's just something for women and children.
>>
>>7418754

>kinda quintessential

>White Teeth

kill yourself.
>>
If she hasn't read Valeria Luiselli, get her The Story of My Teeth. She'll be sucking your balls by New Year
>>
>>7420137
My dad and I agreed not to get present for each other when I was 15, and it is awesome.
I tried with my mom, sister and gf, but no dice.
I haven't met many men over 20 that like getting gifts and I've never met a woman that doesn't like getting them.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.