[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
steppenwolf
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: steppenwolf.jpg (13 KB, 311x475) Image search: [Google]
steppenwolf.jpg
13 KB, 311x475
i just read steppenwolf by herman hesse,so i'm interested to see your opinion on this book :)
>>
>>7418024
i liked the idea of lonley man,just like i am,and he has some good statemants of people that do small talks and all that fake bulshit society does - being nice to everyone just because me must.
>>
Good book. Now go ahead with your life.
>>
I felt like I was self-inserting myself, so I stopped reading.
>>
>>7418024
The dream scenes were trippy in an oddly German way.
>>
>>7418024
You read the book, why don't you tell us your opinion?
>>
I really liked it. I was studying topics related to the Dionysian/Apollonian thing, and was fa, I liar enough with Jung's work to understand what Hesse was getting at. I'd like to read it again after becoming more familiar with Jung.
>>
Found it brilliant but I was unable to finish it.

I not really sure if it is correct connect this book with some works of Pirandello, but if you liked it, i highly reccomend "One, No one and One Hundred Thousand"
>>
>>7418653
*familiar
>>
>>7418653
>and was fa, I liar enough with Jung's work to understand
>fa, I liar
>I liar
>liar

Jungian slip my boy?
>>
>>7418690
Tablet autocorrect m'lady
>>
My opinion is that you should read Demian next. Then Narcissus and Goldmund. Then Beneath the Wheel. Then Magister Ludi a.k.a. The Glass Bead Game.
>>
>>7418734
I wrote this assuming you read Siddhartha before Steppenwolf only because every reads Siddhartha first. If you haven't, that one should be next, then pick up with Demian.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.