[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Malala
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: je suis malele.jpg (23 KB, 224x346) Image search: [Google]
je suis malele.jpg
23 KB, 224x346
Currently reading this. What's /lit/'s opinion on the book?

I kind of like background stories on Swat-valley and Pakistan, provides nice insight on an otherwise quite unknown culture. Didn't know that this valley was called 'Switzerland in the east' for example.

On the other hand, seems quite fabricated and very much like propaganda during some parts. For example Malala's family is portrayed as saints and the smartest in the region. Could also be due to the fact that she's only 17 when she wrote the book.

Don't read it for the prose though
>>
Why is most pop pleb lit about brown people suffering?
>>
>>7417880
So she go shot up.

She has about as much qualifications to be an author as 50 cent
>>
I get my share of underage crao on 4chan, 2bh.
>>
>>7417908
she's a nobel laureate though. Sometimes useful to read what normies like to believe etc
>>
>>7417908
This. Getting shot just made her a sort of pseudo-martyr. She should thank the taliban for shooting her cause otherwise she wouldn't be as famous as she is now.
>>
>>7417969
getting crucified and reviving made Jesus more important too. Without the jews&romans he wouldn't be as famous as he is now.
>>
>>7417977
Only difference is that she didn't go full martyr and die. She just got shot and started selling books and profiting over ALMOST dying
>>
>>7417984
It was more that she was shot for campaigning for female education, than merely surviving a shooting.
>>
>>7417880
>le pro education activist
>le feminism
>le poor people's rights defender

>Does nothing other that talk about how she was shot.
>Goes through photoshop editing and make up to be more acceptable for the western world, embracing male supremacy.
>Sells books starting at $20.

Yeah. she's a retard.
>>
>>7417984
> profiting

she has a funds that's being used to advocate education in 3rd world countries.

Does she deserve all of the attention? Maybe not. But right now she's a figure that's well-known to everyone in the world and makes it possible to discuss women's education in those shitty countries. There IS change happening thanks to her fame

> 20$
bought it for 4£ m8
>>
File: malalala.jpg (260 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
malalala.jpg
260 KB, 1024x768
>>7417991
True, but she was only in that position because her Marxist politician father was pimping her out as a figurehead. It's not as though she's speaking her own thoughts. She's just a manufactured talking head who got shot because her dad was too much of a shill to protect his daughter from dangerous fanatics.
>>
>>7418019
this is why i'm (OP) reading the book. i knew nothing about her. At least now I know more background info and can produce my own opinions on her work (and nobel prize)
>>
>>7418001
Change was happening in Pakistan before and after Malala. She's mainly being used as a Wmeans by the West to show the cruelty of the Taliban and the deplorable conditions in that region and in the country in general, almost as an attempt to justify their actions in Afghanistan and Pakistan.
>>
>>7418019
Is she still a muslim?
What militant action does she advocate?
Need to determine if she's a hero like the PKK fighters or meh tier
>>
File: 81Y6ZP4rQWL._SL1500_.jpg (167 KB, 1500x1125) Image search: [Google]
81Y6ZP4rQWL._SL1500_.jpg
167 KB, 1500x1125
>>
>>7418732
>PKK

Useless

Only Bashar the Lion can deliver Syria
>>
>>7418019
desu she still probably would've ended up going to HYPS in the US and becoming an important activist tbqhf. If anything, it might hurt her credibility as an adult when she is branded as the kid that got shot.
>>
File: smug rubio.jpg (61 KB, 480x317) Image search: [Google]
smug rubio.jpg
61 KB, 480x317
>>7418733
>>
>>7419316

And Tsar Putin with his based SU-34 ducks of murder.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.