[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any good /lit/ related podcasts? I've been listening to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: 123.jpg (29 KB, 450x338) Image search: [Google]
123.jpg
29 KB, 450x338
Any good /lit/ related podcasts?
I've been listening to The History of Philosophy, pretty informative.
>>
In Our Time with Melvyn Bragg is comfy patrician core. Lovely stuff to listen to whilst in the bath or having some tea.
>>
>>7417285
this
>>
Joe Rogan podcast
Rick Gervais XFM
KCRW Bookworm

the patrician podcasts
>>
>>7417405
>Rogan
>Gervais
>in any universe considered more than shit entertainment

try again
>>
>>7417405
>Rogan
DUDE DMT LMAO!
>>
>>7417405
>Gervais

laughs at people who try. Bet he barely reads
>>
>>7417272
I'm listening to the History of Rome right from the website, I'd recommend it. The only problem approaching this type of subject is that you cover also the down times of history with endless bickering and inter-fighting for decades before reaching another interesting event but it would not be a good podcast otherwise

In Our Time is definitely excellent but I tend to choose the topics I already have some interest in. The conversation is highly informative but also very drawn out and dry. Really dry. It can be off putting when approaching a topic you know little about or is little invested in. Sometimes the title also gives you a wrong impression of the way the episode will go
>>
>>7417417
>>7417439

gervais XFM shows are hilarious though
>>
>>7417444

im righht with you on in our time, can you recommend anything similar/better?
>>
>>7417446
Not really. You just have shit taste.
>>
>>7417272
I really like the Partially Examined Life. Also a fan of almost anything BBC related.
>>
>>7417444
I'd disagree with you on them being dry, I find them very enjoyable, but perhaps it is just a matter of taste. They do act as great introductions too, but I have had the odd episode where I am bored or disinterested, such as their episode on Taoism or the History of Reading. But on the whole it's excellent.
>>
>>7417451
That's hard really, people tend to like Hardcore History. I've listened to it and liked some but would only recommend to someone with not much interest in history in the first place. Maybe you could give it a try anyway, try to find one with a subject that interests you.

I'm also always looking for podcast recommendations, it's such a niche thing though. There's the ones I hear about all the time and the ones one random guy mentioned in a thread, no inbetween. Do we have one of those images with recom from the board like there are for movies and albums?
>>
>>7417469
I find them immensely enjoyable too but the monotone and academic approach sometimes undermine the actual historical event. Often times it's not even a problem but there are episodes that just drag on for too long on a particular stretch. I remember the one they talked about Egyptian writing, it was mind amazing and I understand languages much better from that point on
>>
>>7417472
Prophets of Doom was great imo. Haven't listened to many others but that one stood out to me
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.