[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If you could say anything to your 15 year old self, what would
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 6
File: asfadgfd.jpg (57 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
asfadgfd.jpg
57 KB, 640x960
If you could say anything to your 15 year old self, what would you say?

keep it /lit/ related
>>
Read more, kiddo
>>
KEEP READING YOU CUNT
>>
>>7417100
Read more or you'll turn out like me.
>>
Don't watch the social network when it comes out.
>>
Don't study electrical engineering, go for architecture or literature instead (listen to your intuition in other words).
Don't be afraid to hold on things that can't be rationally explained.
Read the bible and lord of the rings, they are pretty great books and you will love it.
Be more compassionate with your parents, sisters and friends.
>>
>>7417118
is the bible actually good
like enjoyable even if im not christian? i like the sound of stories of david and goliath and such
>>
>>7417118
Also, and more important, be true to yourself.
>>
"Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man is better than you give it credit. Also, Beckett is not a Joyce knockoff."

>>7417115
But wye?
>>
>>7417100
James Joyce did NOT write the Odyssey
>>
>>7417124
The stories in the bible are actually quite short but really good. There are a lot of content but everything is vague. I actually think its amazing and i find it very interesting the impact that it had on western civilization.
>>
>>7417133
Also, "for the love of God, don't skip the Fausto Maijstral chapter."
>>
Bite the pillow, I'm going in dry.
>>
tell 'em you are gay
>>
While you're digging though dad's boxes of old books, looking for his hidden Playboys (that aren't there. He's probably gay anyway), try reading some of the shit he actually had.
>>
>>7417118
>Don't study electrical engineering

I feel you there.
>>
>>7417100
Star with the Greeks, and start now
>>
File: 1429641490020.jpg (185 KB, 791x606) Image search: [Google]
1429641490020.jpg
185 KB, 791x606
"You're not depressed you just need to get laid"
>>
Bonus: add also what you would say to your 20 year old self. (Assuming you are somewhat older than 20)
>>
File: 1447381629528.jpg (7 KB, 261x192) Image search: [Google]
1447381629528.jpg
7 KB, 261x192
She is interested in you, but she can tell you're putting a personality to interest her. She doesn't want someone with the exact same interests as her. Just be yourself and actually talk to her as a friend instead of someone you constantly need to impress

Stop spending all of your time after school playing Medieval 2 and Civ IV, read a god damned book

Mechanical engineering is just high school physics problems: the major. Major in this right away instead of wasting two years on anthropology.
>>
>>7417100
Start with the Greeks, not the meme trilogy, try hard.
>>
Have fun being an ubermensch. It's a wild ride
>>
>>7417137
kek
>>
>>7417118
>>7417187
Fuck, this is it. Make that chemical though
>>
Don't be a pussy

Also don't smoke weed every day
>>
Play less fucking dota.

And smoke less weed.
And maybe don't take as much acid as you did.
>>
In the future you will look in the mirror and see the face you wish you had now. It'll take about ten years, but don't bitch about the wait. By that time most of your peers will have become fat and ugly.
>>
File: Vagabond v30 c265 - 12-13.png (3 MB, 1600x1146) Image search: [Google]
Vagabond v30 c265 - 12-13.png
3 MB, 1600x1146
>>7417100
Don't read. Never. Just start fucking with all those bitches. They're easier than you think.
>>
Don't try to extract the spot on your dick with scissors and needles, it just grows back and it scars. Also stop it with the death grip when masturbating
>>
>>7417325
What
>>
>>7417325
Awesome.
>>
>>7417100
"Kill yourself cause it's gonna get worse."
>>
>>7417100
Study, get a job, work ten years, fuck them all.
>>
>>7417100
stop playing so much vidya and invest yourself in other activities such as school and reading. You won't become a progamer nor do you want to.
>>
>>
>>7417456
Man I wish I could send this to my friend, this image was made for him

>7 years of expensive art school, out of state tuition, doesn't even graduate
>lives in parents basement doing drugs all day
>>
>>7417100

You're not the smartest tool in the shed, the world is gonna roll on you.

Just kidding. Perhaps "don't start smoking" and "move out of your parents' place at 18" and "don't study in the same city you went to school in" and very much "don't be angry all the time, there really is no reason and it's kind of pointlessly self-perpetuating".
>>
Don't listen to smart-yet-unsuccessful people. It will cost you a lot of time and money
>>
>>7417100
nothing as i probably wouldnt listen to myself
T_T
>>
Don't go to law school, do your bachelors in computer science.
>>
>>7417118
Same but for mechanical. Should've studied BA track (as opposed to BS track) Econ and used my free time to read and write and make music and party since nobody on BA track Econ studies.
>>
Your mom is going to get really sick soon and everything is going to go to shit. Sorry. Don't be a perfectionist and learn when to fold or you're going to lose everything.
>>
>>7417527
>Don't go to law school

Were you a shit student? I noticed most people who badmouth law school were deplorable students who got bad grades.
>>
File: 1432601511501.jpg (26 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1432601511501.jpg
26 KB, 200x200
>>7417203
"You really are depressed and finally getting laid won't change a thing."
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.