[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>in the break room at work >reading a book >people come
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (30 KB, 434x338) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30 KB, 434x338
>in the break room at work
>reading a book
>people come up and talk to me as if I were staring at nothing
>they keep on talking after I've said "haha yeah." three times in a row without looking up

>in the break room at work
>scrolling through Facebook on my phone
>no one bothers me
>if someone does the slightest sign of irritation from me prompts a: "oh sorry you're busy." from them and then they leave me alone

What is happening lit? Why do people think it's okay to interrupt me when I'm reading a book, but respect my space when I'm reading my phone? How did we get here?
>>
>>7416846
They do it on purpose because they hate you.
>>
>>7416846
>>7416846
This. They want you to go mad, nuts, friend.
>>
Want people to leave you alone? Get a fucking kindle. It's 2015 you troglodyte.
>>
I've had numerous office jobs, and the break room is generally free game—meaning it doesn't matter what the fuck you're doing, if you're there, someone is going to talk to you.

What I learned early is to go out for lunch or outside and sit on a bench to read. Obviously, if something keeps happening and you don't like it you should probably change it somehow rather than just secretly stew in the break room.

Smartest board, they say...
>>
>>7416920
How old are you?

What do you work as now?
>>
>>7416920
The point was that something keeps happening when anon reads a book, but it doesn't happen when he uses his phone. It's like you only read half of OP.
>>
They probably think "why is this guy reading a book, he must be bored as Fuck, maybe I'll talk to him"
But they know how into their phone they can get so don't want to disrupt you.
Projection maybe.
>>
>>7416846
They think you are talking to someone.
>>
>>7417308
I second this. They probably don't see reading as a valid recreational activity that preferably happends undisturbed. As opposed to dicking around on the phone, which they can relate to.
>>
>>7417482
what's the adverb of undisturbed? undisturbedly?
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.