[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is he right?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: HN.png (82 KB, 1327x379) Image search: [Google]
HN.png
82 KB, 1327x379
Is he right?
>>
If I've learned anything from these silicon-valley techno-nogs it's that you can use exponential laws to convince people that just about anything is "about to happen".

So yes, it seems unlikely but I am actually about to anally penetrate your mother.
>>
not even close

that "with no discernible movement coalescing" is bullshit, we just can't talk explicitly about because we're still in the middle of it and we're not sure what it is.

his faggotry about sillicon valley literally just means 'i have a white dick and like my phone'-- sillicon valley itself is the cultural equivalent of chernobyl, like the financial industry, but it might enable something interesting.

also

>reading hacker news
>>
>>7416813
>not reading hacker news ironically
>>
>>7416811 here

>>7416813
thanks bruv, you added the most important bit I forgot. Why the fuck are you taking people on HN seriously? There's maybe one or two nogs there that you should respect (tptacek, fogus, cperciva) but really the 99% on that site are reddit-level cunts that just happen to make > 100k/yr and feel entitled to hold an opinion as a consequence.
>>
File: 19721373._UY200_.jpg (6 KB, 137x200) Image search: [Google]
19721373._UY200_.jpg
6 KB, 137x200
>>7416815
>reading it ironically over the course of years and gradually becoming a fedora-tipping less-wrong patron

Also what would be the patron saint of this new literature?

Pic obviously related
>>
I doubt it.

SV and startup "culture" is pretty vapid and pretty heavily reliant onthe whole Horatio Alger mythology; we've already seen Pinecone try tro explore startup culture in Bleeding Edge, to pretty underwhelming results. He even delved into deepweb and hacker culture a bit and didn't get much anywhere. Not to mention that silicon valley entrepeneurs provide literally nothing beneficial to mankind; facebook, pinterest, twitter, tumblr, can anybody really formulate an argument that these sites really benefit humanity? I could argue twitter helps the american state project its goals unto unsuspecting 3rd world nations and make artificial uprisings seem grassroot, but that's abou it, and I'm pretty sure the US could accomplish its goals without it.

This comment really fits in with the redditor's notion that what they participate in is culturally significant. Everything reddit's ever come up with (The Narwhal bacons at midnight, peeling bananas backward, and pretty much everything in that one xkcd poster comes to mind) has been basically irrelevant. Reddit is an integral and willing participant in the compartmentalization of the internet where only 4-5 sites are used by anybody.

4chan is pretty guilty of all of the above too but there's a web 1.0 element to the whole thing. There's no profit to be made by mook/moot, and there's certainly not a major magazine conglomerate owning 4chan. Really what differntiates 4chan and reddit beyond the format is principally the degree of mental illness, and interestingly enough I think that alone is a huge differential in whether or not 4chan/reddit are interesting cultures to talk about.

And there definitely won't be a literary movement to replace the "classics" taught in schools. Pomo fucked that notion to hell. Those books will be taught until the US ends as a nation. And it certainly won't be fucking silicon valley that replaces that; this post reeks of a suburban petit-bourgeois that doesn't realize everyone and their mother below upper-middle class is out to start a business and it's always been that way.
>>
File: Michael O. Church.jpg (12 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
Michael O. Church.jpg
12 KB, 200x200
>>7416822
>Also what would be the patron saint of this new literature?
Pic related. PostNewSincerity.
>>
>>7416815
>reading
>>
>>7416801

Silicon Valley is pretty much dead now and it's all about the Baltics now.
>>
>Reddit
>>
>>7416801
>Silicon Valley and startup culture have had such a profound effect on the west
lel
>>
>>7416864
What do you mean by this?
>>
File: nickland1.jpg (63 KB, 580x386) Image search: [Google]
nickland1.jpg
63 KB, 580x386
catastrophism
>>
If you still think there's going to be another unified intellectual 'movement' you've missed the point of postmodernism.

The days of modernism are over. That means that aesthetic projects that try and explain the world in its totality are no longer taken seriously.
>>
>>7417141
Lithuania STRONG! No more get fucked up ass by Russia, make cyber potato and get dem Euro monies
>>
>>7417150
As someone fairly interested in literature of the European New Right/Evola/Dugin, Nick land/NRx/DE strikes me as some of the most inane bullshit ever. I think it's the anglo-american centrism of it
>>
>>7417206
Nick Land is crucial
Evola is a meme
>>
>>7417231
Evola is interesting but rarely informative. Nick Land is just an idiot
>>
>>7417245
DUDE ACCELERATE LMAO
>>
>>7417206
how is he inane? localism is a no-go your hippie commune gonna smell like faeces.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.