[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where do I start with Asimov?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
File: MTE5NDg0MDU0ODg0MzUzNTUx.jpg (141 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
MTE5NDg0MDU0ODg0MzUzNTUx.jpg
141 KB, 1200x1200
Where do I start with Asimov?
>>
>>7416703
The dustbin.
>>
>>7416704
>Eye roll.gif.
>>
>>7416704
>le quirky british terminology XD
end your life.
>>
Start with his short story "Nightfall", it's excellent. After that, read anything of his you want. The Positronic Man, Robot, Foundation, Child of Time, whatever you want. The guy wrote a helluva lot.
>>
>>7416743

Will do, thanks!
>>
If you go for the Robot or Foundation books, use the chronological publication order
>>
>>7416773
What?

Do you mean the publication order or the in-universe chronological order?
>>
>>7416776
publication order*, to be unambiguous desu
>>
Start with the Greek to be honest family.
>>
>>7416938
Dammit. Beat me to it.
>>
When you're reading anything by Asimov be sure to constantly think about how his son ended up a socially retarded pedophile shutin because his father would rather write stupid stories about robots to become "famous" in the science fiction ghetto than love his son and pay attention to him.
>>
You don't.
>>
>>7416703
I would start with one short story collection, I robot is probably your best bet. Try and find Nightfall too.

After this, read the Caves of Steel.

At this point you can anything else, but if it's the Foundation you ought to follow the order of the books. Unfortunately it's up to debate whether you should start with the prequels or follow the publication order rigidly.

At some point you may be interested in reading some of his non-fiction but then I can't really help you there. There's enough material to read if you stick to fiction.
>>
>>7416983
fuck off
cry to jesus faget
>>
>>7417047

I'd advocate publication order for Foundation, and that includes all the Robot writings.
>>
File: shrek.jpg (286 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
shrek.jpg
286 KB, 1600x900
The AWP is the best desu, the p90 and m4a4 look awful
>>
>>7416703
the sideburns, obviously.
>>
>>7417837
You nearly made me choke on a burp.
>>
>>7417848
sorry. but i am right though, am i not?
>>
I would recommend starting with some of his short stories, then get into his robots, then finish off with the foundation series.

If you read nightfall, just stick with the short story and don't bother with the novelization. It's quite terrible.
>>
>>7416983
I thought one's sexuality was determined at birth rather than the non-standard ones being the result of bad filial relationships.
>>
>>7420230
Then the faggosexual lobby has done a good job brainwashing you.
>>
>>7420230
How would you become a pedophile at birth?
The pedophile gene? Holy shit you're dense.
>>
>>7420230
How the hell did I get the stockings fetish at birth?
>>
>>7420230
>tfw I was born to fuck qt asian newhalfs
B)
>>
>>7420397

that is what a lot of sociologists believe, yes.
>>
When reading anything by Asimov remember that it's a logic puzzle disguised as a story, and you'll be fine.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.