[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've never read anything that was published in the 21st
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: 2015.jpg (138 KB, 636x358) Image search: [Google]
2015.jpg
138 KB, 636x358
I've never read anything that was published in the 21st century. What would lit recommend as the very best of the last few years?

Pic related, I googled 'best novel of 2015' and everything looks like shit to me.
>>
>>7416554
start with the greeks
>>
>>7416554
brief history of seven killings
taipei
pale king
>>
The Vorrh
House of Leaves
The Pale King

I used to think that a book being written 15 years earlier gave it better value too but hey, today's books are tomorrow's classics.
>>
>>7416554
Don't waste your time with 21st century lit, m8.
>>
>>7416554
Neapolitan Novels
>>
>>7416554
you hsould check out ben marcus
age of wire and string
and the flame alphabet
it's a bit jewy but it's good
>>
>>7416554
Suite Franchise by Irene Namirovsky is pretty gud.
>>
>>7416554
see
>>>7415691
>>
>>7416554
2666, Against the Day, Agape Agape, Europe Central, The Pale King, Cow Country.
>>
>>7416902
Is Cow Country actually good or just a meme?
>>
Austerlitz, Sebald
The Human Stain, Roth
The Infatuations, Marias

From 2015, A Brief History of Seven Killings and City on Fire are supposed to be well worth reading.
>>
>>7416911
That the author's marketing strategy consisted in trying to attach their product to the latest Pynchon rumours and failed miserably the moment someone gave in and had a look should tell you something of its merits...
>>
My Struggle - Knausgaard
Neapolitan Novels - Ferrante
Your Face Tomorrow - Marias
Last Kingdom - Quignard
>>
>>7416911
not that poster, just read Cow Country, very much worth it
>>7416930
get over the Pynchon conspiracy, that had nothing to do with the author just that art critic for harpers
>>
2010 onwards?
Preparation for the Next Life
A Visit From the Goon Squad
Ann Beattie's New Yorker stories
Imperial Bedrooms
Taipei
Leaving the Atocha Station
A Schoolboy's Diary
Tenth of December
>>
Soumission
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.