[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I read this and I thought of /lit/: >A woman allegedly h
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
I read this and I thought of /lit/:

>A woman allegedly held captive in a commune for 30 years was inspired to escape by the Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter books, a court was told.
>She was beaten and threatened by her Maoist cult father but fought back against his control after reading the books, jurors heard.
>Aravindan Balakrishnan, 75, let her read the novels because he identified with the characters, it was claimed.
>He denies cruelty to a child under 16 and false imprisonment.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-london-34923884
>>
>>7409607
>Maoist cult father

What the hell is that?
>>
>>7409607
>LOTR and HP promote intractable behavior and "free thinking"
/lit/ is always right.
>>
>>7409610
This is more common than you probably think.
>>
>>7409610
I had this tiny Maoist Creationist Chinese kid in my school. He was called Danny Fung but we all called him Fanny Dung; or Fu-Man-Chu because he cut his minorly lip shaving once and developed a phobia of blades. He didn't like the UK and left after failing the only class he liked, which was drama (he also couldn't act and had a weird voice).

As far as I know, his dad was pretty high up in China.
>>
>>7409610
China's still kind of fucked up, a lot of people see Mao as a divine figure (kind of like the Supreme Leader in North Korea)
>>
>>7410454
>Mao
>not divine
>>
File: what the fug.png (4 KB, 211x246) Image search: [Google]
what the fug.png
4 KB, 211x246
>>7409874
>Maoist Creationist
>>
>>7410481
>2015
>not thinking that Mao created the universe
It's like you enjoy being a pleb.
>>
File: 雷锋.jpg (89 KB, 399x580) Image search: [Google]
雷锋.jpg
89 KB, 399x580
>>7409874
>>7410481
>>7410486

Chairman Mao is the Red Sun in the hearts of people of all ethnic groups, and Lei Feng is His prophet.

赞美安拉

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJb2u2fVofw
>>
>>7409607
Honestly her taste isn't so bad. She gets two thumbs up from me.
>>
>>7411013
Bump to spread the truth
>>
>>7411013
Lei Feng is such a hilariously lame heroic figure. Although I guess that was the idea. "You too could polish your shoes, read Chairman Mao daily, and be heroically martyred for the revolution when your buddy backs a truck into you!"
>>
>>7411288
OK Deng Xiaoping
>>>/g/ulag
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.