[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Police
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (916 KB, 2272x1704) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
916 KB, 2272x1704
What are some good books in defense of policing, that give a history of policing, or that have as the protagonist a police officer. Thanks.
>>
Oh also include any memoirs of note
>>
Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?
>>
>>7409283
I don't know. Do they?
>>
I'm pretty sure there are a few books out about the Broken Windows theory.
>>
Robocop
>>
>>7409292
Huh?
>>
>>7409351
It's a theory of policing. From what I recall it basically says that you want to break down on smaller crimes such as broken windows, vandalism, or graffiti because if you let small things go on like that you create a poor environment in which more violent crimes will flourish as well as failing to prevent children from going down the path of criminality.
>>
>>7409257
There were several cool articles about policing in one issue of n+1.

If you break it down, the job of police is basically just to preserve the status quo. Sometimes they do better than that, but it's not their job.

>>7409360
Isn't this a big part of how Giuliani cleaned up NYC?
>>
>>7409376
What is n+1?
Eh in many instances what the job of police ought to be is to improve things and make better outcomes able to happen within the community.

Precisely anon. There was also some sort of affiliation with this conservative think tank known as the Manhattan Institute that was basically the brain child behind much of the Giuliani administration from what I've read.
>>
>>7409360
Broken windows policing works because you jail all the niggers committing small crimes before they inevitably start murdering and robbing like all niggers do.
>>
Les Miserables
>>
Signal Zero was pretty interesting. Some professor shitting on the cops all the time gets an offer to spend 6 months on patrol. Completely changes his perspective.
>>
Fréd Reeds older columns.
Fréd on everything net
>>
>>7409575
interesting... what book did you read that in?
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.