[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
"Brevity is the soul of wit" - William Shakespeare
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: gatsby.jpg (248 KB, 800x1200) Image search: [Google]
gatsby.jpg
248 KB, 800x1200
"Brevity is the soul of wit" - William Shakespeare

Prove you're a patrician by summarizing this great American novel in 10 sentences or less. That is, if you even understood the book.
>>
>>7409162
A seminal work revealing the sinister realities behind greed, wealth, and the American Dream.
>>
bitches ain't shit but hoes and tricks
>>
Just read the book for your close. It's a quick read.
>>
"Brevity is the soul of wit" - Polonius, the most long winded character in the history of literature.
>>
>>7409174
Class*
>>
"I will literally DIE for pussy" - Gatsby
>>
actually the green light is a symbol for the american dream :D
>>
>>7409162
I like big butts and I cannot lie.
>>
>>7409244
chuckled.
through the nose.
toothy grin.
>>
>>7409162

Rich beta lust, the original version.
>>
>>7409162
Rich people really love shirts.
>>
>>7409162
We're told rich people have more interesting lives. They don't really.
>>
>>7409162

I think Fitzgerald should have stuck to burning his money.
>>
The light is green because money is le ebil xD
>>
>>7409217
keked
>>
>>7409162
Wanting something is infinitely better than actually having it. The fantasy is always better than the reality.

Obsession will kill you eventually.

The past is gone and you can't get it back.

You can't compete with the past in terms of perceived goodness in the same way that you can't undo the past.

In life there will be small things which are incredibly important to you but which will mean almost nothing to other people. In fact, many people—if not all—will be entirely blind to the meaning of the object which you assign so much significance to.
>>
MGTOW after being kek'd
>>
High schoolers read it because it is short and inoffensive; also gatsby dies.
Haven't actually read it yet.
>>
If you take one thing from the book, it should be the idea that the Nordic races are being overwhelmed by immigration and are not breeding at a replacement rate.
>>
>>7409483
hmm, ive always hated this book but this post is making me reevaluate what i thought of it. thanks anon
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.